PDA

View Full Version : Wright (Sentar) Blues

allison225merc
01-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Hi, guys, and Happy New Year. I'm new here, and would like some help with my Wright Sentar. The deck belt keeps riding up and off of one of the fixed mounted idler pulleys. It appears to be level, and showed normal wear. Any ideas.

ed2hess
01-03-2008, 10:16 PM
I didn't know that idler was fixed....on our RH Sentar it is a spring loaded idler pulley. If it is fixed have you tried taking up some of the belt slack? Usually once they come off they are damaged and need to be replaced

allison225merc
01-03-2008, 10:36 PM
The pulley that I'm speaking of is the first one to the left of the clutch as you face the deck. My mower is about 3-5 years old. I just purchased it a few week ago and it has become my baby, I love the way it cuts. This problem came out of nowhere.

OBRYANMAINT
01-05-2008, 06:12 PM
i have two sentars and with one the same pulley you mention was just a little off of being level.....the spacer thru the center of pulley was a bit loose and it wore crooked at where it mounted to the deck

i just put a big washer to level out where it mounted to the deck

hope this helps

allison225merc
01-07-2008, 02:12 AM
Thank you very much for your reply. I've been in the woods hunting and just got home and saw your post. I went out to check the mower, and you are spot on. The pully is not level. Could you give me just a little more insite on how you fixed it? Thanks...