PDA

View Full Version : Advice on billing software

Big C
01-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Can I get some opinions on billing software, this will be my first year in business and have about 5 or so potential accts linedup already with no advertising. How important is billing software for a new guy? or is it one of those things that I need to worry about later as my business develops?? and what are some good programs if I do need it?...

RedCastle
01-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Billing software is huge!!!

quickbooks quickbooks quickbooks!!

is probably one of the more popular softwares out there and is very easy to use and set-up you not only can create estimates but you can keep track of your bills and checking account also. It provides detail reports and will help come tax time!!

maybe a little pricey but defietly worth the $$
I recommend quickbooks get the professional service edition premier.

you also can keep customer information set-up custom discounts per each customer.

i also think Gopher software is descent not as good as quickbooks but gopher was ok gopher has a plus by helping plan routes for maintence.

NC Greenscaper
01-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Quick books

M&MLawn
01-04-2008, 09:25 AM
We also use quickbooks. You can try it out by downloading their free Simple Start version on their website. Give it a shot!

humble1
01-04-2008, 09:27 AM
quickbooks has a contractor edition i think thats what i have, wife sets that up. CLIP is a great program for scheduling multiple accounts, time tracking and prints auto lists for mowing each week, and for different crews. But you dont need it if you have a few accounts

StihlGreen
01-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Quickbooks is great!! Personally I use Bookkeeper 2007 edition!!

Big C
01-04-2008, 02:02 PM
I have quick books simple edition already(came preloaded on my computer from Dell) is that good enough or do I need to upgrade to a better edition?

M&MLawn
01-04-2008, 02:04 PM
I have used the simple start for plowing and it has been fine. I would try the free version and if you find you need to upgrade then you can do so and it takes your data with you.

mattfromNY
01-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Any program that will create an invoice that will look professional to the customer is weight in gold. Personally, I use Quickbooks Pro 2006.
I actually got a hug yesterday from a lady at one of my commercial accounts. She was so happy when I gave her Dec.'s plowing invoice and all of my dates/ times of service were broken out, etc., She loved that it looked so professional and easy to read. She was telling me horror stories from years past when former contractors would just hand write stuff, the problems they had.

mattfromNY
01-04-2008, 02:33 PM
That first line in my previous post should read 'worth its weight in gold'
Being as it is end of year, I'm sure everyone will stress how nice it is to have all your bookwork on one program, one that you and your accountant can just open up and find all your answers in a matter of seconds.

LAwnpro13
01-04-2008, 09:38 PM
QUICKBOOKS is the way to go, When you grow, and scheduling becomes a little tougher, QxPress works seemlessly with QUICKBOOKS and does a fantastic job. Expensive but well worth the cost.

A lot of my work comes from Realtors and owners of high - end investment property and the won't pay without a good, detailed, professional invoice. By all means accounting software is CRITICAL if you want to be around awhile.