PDA

View Full Version : Whats next?

Swampy
01-04-2008, 03:56 AM
Just curious. Whats the next step technology wise for trucks?

For smaller trucks (I.E. 3/4 ton, and 1 ton pickups, and 1 ton cab and chassis)

Fuel Cell: Research in fuel cell technology for a alternate fuel. Really don't know to much about them other than they are in demo cars.

Diesel/Electric Motor: Last I heard is that US Forces are looking heavily in this option when the Hummv is exhausted and everybody knows that breakthrough technology becomes civilized in just a matter of time.

Today's standards: Technology used today is just going to be the same for a long time.

Good ol' Days: Go back to the how the past standards where.

If you think of another alternative such as corn based products, which are out already and not going far. Please add.

Scag48
01-04-2008, 04:51 AM
Hydrogen is the future. I know a lot of folks will disagree with me, but by the time we need to rely 100% on hydrogen the technology will be much more affordable to produce the hydrogen itself, the infrastructure to support hydrogen energy will be abundant, and the hydrogen propelled vehicles will be much cheaper to produce. This is quite a ways down the road but I foresee hydrogen as the future. Eventually, it will be completely 100% emissions free to produce hydrogen and vehicles running hydrogen will also be emissions free, completely self sustaining energy that is healthy to the environment as well.

Ethanol is not a new idea, but there's simply not enough land across the US to produce enough corn to keep us going. Plus, ethanol still emits greenhouse gasses. While I'm not an expert about pollution and the affects of these gasses, I would think that continuing to produce vehicles that pump out a fair amount of pollutants might not be in our best interest for a long term solution.

deere615
01-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Hydrogen Trucks probably, but I always thought a neat feature someone would add to trucks would be a gauge/scale to tell how much wieght you are hauling

Petr51488
01-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Hydrogen Trucks probably, but I always thought a neat feature someone would add to trucks would be a gauge/scale to tell how much wieght you are hauling

Hah, its funny..i was thinking the same thing the other day.

Swampy
01-05-2008, 03:25 AM

Are you talking about a force gauge for pulling or a pressure scale for weight in the box?

deere615
01-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Are you talking about a force gauge for pulling or a pressure scale for weight in the box?

A pressure scale for weight in the box

Swampy
01-06-2008, 03:23 AM
its there you just got to translate it to simple terms

GravelyNut
01-06-2008, 08:53 AM
its there you just got to translate it to simple terms
Load sensing is used in the brake system for the ABS part. Has been for a number of years. The computer knows it, it's just a matter of getting it out. And also wishes it was available as a readout.

As far as the question, hydrogen or combination hydrogen and battery power.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
01-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Load sensing is used in the brake system for the ABS part. Has been for a number of years. The computer knows it, it's just a matter of getting it out. And also wishes it was available as a readout.

As far as the question, hydrogen or combination hydrogen and battery power.

Hydrogen IS coupled with batteries. Its output is electrical.