PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed trailer plywood floor protector?

Exact Rototilling
01-04-2008, 04:35 PM
I searched the archives and I came up with Thompson Water seal and line-x bed truck bed sealer.

Line-x is too much good product on bad IMO. Will probably upgrade the trailer in 2 - 3 years. I would prefer the natural wood look however I don't want the floor to become slippery. I want to seal out most of the moisture and crud and keep it presentable for the next owner.

Is there a better product than Thompson water seal to use?

:waving:

beck
01-04-2008, 04:46 PM
we just got done puttinga coat of minwax urethane on the floor of our super lawn truck and we also stained the walls white (behr-product from Home Depot) and then finally we put a sheet of plywood about 16" tall all the way around the bottom so as not to tear up the plywood on the walls with the mowers-if this plywood gets damaged we just replace it a partial sheet instead of a whole wall.

LawnTamer
01-04-2008, 05:11 PM
I just finished doing the floor of one of my trailers last night. Here's what I did.

1 coat heavy exterior oil based paint. While it is still wet to the touch, lightly throw sand on the paint. Let it dry for a whole day, use a broom and blower to get off excess sand and apply second coat of paint. It should be a tough finish and it won't be slippery when wet.:cool2::cool2:

Boycea
01-05-2008, 01:36 AM
I used anti slip garage floor paint. It is Grey in color and has a grit in it. I applied it three years ago and it has held up very well.

bigw
01-05-2008, 01:42 AM
my trailer floor was already painted when i picked it up today,i was surprised!