PDA

View Full Version : PICKED UP MY NEW 8x16 ENCLOSED TODAY

bigw
01-05-2008, 01:01 AM
:weightlifter:Had the wrong weed racks installed but i took it anyway because my graphics guy is going to start the work this weekend,after its done ill post pics and then ill be taking it back for the right racks.

Military Lawns
01-05-2008, 07:13 AM
:weightlifter:Had the wrong weed racks installed but i took it anyway because my graphics guy is going to start the work this weekend,after its done ill post pics and then ill be taking it back for the right racks.

We all look forward to seeing your new enclosed trailer. What brand did you decide on and why an 8 x 16?

Also, I was admiring your logo and slogan and they both have a nice little ring to them.

DJ-

wayside
01-06-2008, 03:26 PM
why would you make a thread with out having pic's ?

get some pics up.......

NBI Lawn
01-06-2008, 04:06 PM
bigw, I love your company name and logo. A+ :clapping:

fastcat
01-06-2008, 11:54 PM
this is worse than waiting on that darn naked pic to download.

LawnBoy89
01-07-2008, 08:49 AM
You mind sharing what it cost you? I might take a road trip down south this spring before the season starts just to take a little vacation and buy me a trailer because they seem alot cheaper the farther south you go. I would like my enclosed trailer to be identicle to yours in size...as long as it can fit 2 w/bs and a Lazer.

GravelyNut
01-07-2008, 09:08 AM
You mind sharing what it cost you? I might take a road trip down south this spring before the season starts just to take a little vacation and buy me a trailer because they seem alot cheaper the farther south you go. I would like my enclosed trailer to be identicle to yours in size...as long as it can fit 2 w/bs and a Lazer.
If you go far enough south, you can pick one up at a factory. We picked up our 6X16 utility in Baxley, Ga at the plant. Saved about a grand over what the local people wanted. They also make some nice DOT approved enclosed trailers too. Had no problems with the title while another person who was at the tag agency, and bought locally, did. Another nice thing about getting it from the maker was I got to see the plant too. :D Sales person was very proud of it. And it was neat and clean. That says something to me.

bigw
01-07-2008, 09:11 AM

yes they are way cheaper down there,i payed $6,400 with all racks installed and full length EZ track on the floor,floor is painted and has a beaver tail, extra wide side door and rear ramp with easy lift assist.

bigw
01-07-2008, 09:12 AM
this is worse than waiting on that darn naked pic to download.

Its in the shop right now,as a matter of fact i have to go their today to finish up the details and then it should be done by this friday i hope!

bigw
01-07-2008, 09:14 AM
We all look forward to seeing your new enclosed trailer. What brand did you decide on and why an 8 x 16?

Also, I was admiring your logo and slogan and they both have a nice little ring to them.

DJ-
because it was bigger then 7x 14..lol no for real i figure everyone starts out with 6x12 or 7x 14 and then they complain that they need to go bigger so why not start out big.no such thing as too much room right?

bigw
01-07-2008, 09:16 AM
bigw, I love your company name and logo. A+ :clapping:

Thanks alot i thought long and hard for the name and logo,now just hope it does what i need it to do and get me some work!!

GravelyNut
01-07-2008, 09:29 AM
Thanks alot i thought long and hard for the name and logo,now just hope it does what i need it to do and get me some work!!

What color trailer are you getting that logo put on? I think it would look great on a light green, cammo, or white one. :clapping:

DFLS
01-07-2008, 09:32 PM
because it was bigger then 7x 14..lol no for real i figure everyone starts out with 6x12 or 7x 14 and then they complain that they need to go bigger so why not start out big.no such thing as too much room right?

I went from a 7x16 open to a 8x24 enclosed, thought that bigger was better but there is such a thing as too big also , now i want 8x20 for several reasons, mostly DOT regs. Should be able to swap with the dealer for minimal collateral damage.

dave k
01-15-2008, 07:45 PM
yes they are way cheaper down there,i payed $6,400 with all racks installed and full length EZ track on the floor,floor is painted and has a beaver tail, extra wide side door and rear ramp with easy lift assist.What is a beaver tail?

BUCKEYE MOWING
01-15-2008, 07:54 PM
WE ARE GOING TO NEED SOME PICTURES !!! please...

DFLS
01-15-2008, 08:47 PM
What is a beaver tail?

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.sotrex.co.uk/modules/shop/images/Mont1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.sotrex.co.uk/modules/shop/view.asp%3FProdcode%3DMont1&h=267&w=355&sz=76&hl=en&start=23&um=1&tbnid=TYMU4KVRf5mCqM:&tbnh=91&tbnw=121&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtrailer%2Bbeaver%2Btail%26start%3D20%26ndsp%3D20%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26clie nt%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3DiJx%26sa%3DN

dave k
01-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Thanks
How can you have a beaver tail in an enclosed trailer? Any pic's is appreciated since I am in the market for a 8 or 8.5 X 16 enclosed trailer, I am pricing the Pace Summit and Haulmark. I also want the torflex axles also looking for a price on an translucent ceiling and wind blocker for the front. The Car Mate trailer isn't available in the Atlanta area, BUMMER.

DFLS
01-17-2008, 05:39 PM
The last 4 feet or so of the floor is sloped downwards towards the back edge and the interior walls are cut to fit. On an enclosed trailer you really can't see it from the outside, there are floor joists that are 6" high under the floor. At the back of the trailer they frame it differently to get the beaver tail. You are not supposed to put a lot of weight on the beaver tail section because the framework is not as beefy as the rest of the trailer.