PDA

View Full Version : Anit Blow out baffle.

jnjnlc
10-20-2001, 09:12 AM
I have finally taken pics of the anti blowout baffle I put on my toro. It is the Toro 44" SFS deck.

And yes I know I need to pressure wash the underside of my deck.

jnjnlc
10-20-2001, 09:13 AM
This is the view from the front.

linky
10-20-2001, 10:45 AM
jnjnlc
Does that baffle work well? I have the same mower and this past week trying to much up leaves has aggrivated me because of the blowout. Is the baffle metal or plastic? I want to make a baffle and a screen to go over my discharge. For the discharge cover i was going to use the heavy gage screen like trailer tailgates have.

jnjnlc
10-20-2001, 06:03 PM
It works great. The biggest problem is when I am in heavy wet grass I have to clean it off after every lawn. I use a spade shovel to slide in the chute and scrape it off. I would say that I have eliminated 99 % of my blow out. If I do have any blowing in my face now it is when I am in high wind. You must try this.

Toro puts a plate on the bottom of the deck that is about 2” wide. There are two holes already drilled in this plate. I used these two holes and bolted a piece if sheet metal that I bought at Lowes. I think the thickest they had. I was pretty simple to do. I did have to trim the sheet metal so that it would contour to the front of the deck.

I would also like to make a screen to go over my discharge chute. It would help when I am around flower beds and such.

And by the way, sorry for the misspelled word in the title of this post. It should read “Anti” not Anit. Darn fat fingers.