PDA

View Full Version : Which Name??????

Turtle Creek Lawn Care
01-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Hey guys I was wondering in your opinion if you liked any of these business names and which one you like best. :confused:

Team Green Lawn & Landscape

Greenscape Creation
"Lawn & LandScape"

Garden Green Lawn & Landscape

Please leave comments!

Thanks
Ryan

C&K
01-05-2008, 05:20 PM
I personally like your user name "Turtle Creek Lawn Care". I think it is a good name to remember. I'm sorry if I did not answer your question. I don't think either of the other names are all that great. Good luck with your choice and with your business!

jwlandscape/Lawncare
01-05-2008, 06:52 PM
I Agree With C&K that Turtle Creek Lawn Care Is Better.Will be easy to remember over the others.I too Am looking to start my business in Spring talk to alot of people about names.Do not spend too much time on that though,as you will really confuse youself.Go with your gut instinct.Good Luck With your venture.
J&W

Whitey4
01-05-2008, 06:58 PM
I am partial to plain names. I use WHITE lawn & garden services, my last name being White. When I talk to customers, they know I'm the head honcho. But, I'm a solo.... if you are a company with multiple crews, then a less personalized name is OK, but even then.... I like the "no cutesy" philosophy. I just feel like putting your name on the service means you back your work.... your good name depends on it.

Turtle Creek Lawn Care
01-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Thanks for all the help!

Ryan :usflag:

schunklawn
01-05-2008, 08:13 PM
turtle creek...feels like a comforting name...the other ones sound like you are a new business...to me it shows that there is some sort of meaning behind that name versus the others...anyone can come up with the other names you listed...there are many respected companies with those types of names but i wouldn't personally take that route.

No Bunk Lawn Care

CandCLandscaping
01-05-2008, 08:23 PM
im also in favor of turtle creek, but is lawn care all you will ever do? Or do you plan on doing landscaping, installs design etc. in the future? Maybe turtle creek landscaping, turtle creek enterprises, turtle creek services, turtle creek landscape contractors etc..... (i think you guys get my point lol) or something along the lines of those.

MJS
01-05-2008, 08:52 PM
I'm with the rest of the guys; I think Turtle Creek Lawn Care definetely sounds the best. The phone book is flooded with all sorts of names containing the word "green" to denote lawn or landscape work; Turtle Creek just seems to stand out.

Turtle Creek Lawn Care
01-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Wow this is sort of shocking, I personally thought that the name was unprofessional sounding. Throughout this season I have wanted to change it but I guess it was a good name after all! Thanks for all the help everyone and hope you had a great holiday season!

Thanks
Ryan
aka Turtle Creek Lawn Care:cool2:

jwlandscape/Lawncare
01-06-2008, 10:28 AM
This is what the forum needs, continious positive feedback and I am so pleased to see that I have support for whatever questions that may come up.So Often you run into people in person or online that will be negative and not willing to give any information to help.We are all in this for the same reason $$$$$$.
It makes me happy to see all giving opinions on the name that sound best for Turtle Creek.Happy Mowing and a prosperious NEW YEAR To All!!

superrman77
01-06-2008, 05:40 PM
I like the name!

2 clowns mowing
01-06-2008, 05:44 PM
how about green lawn, garden green

mattfromNY
01-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Isnt team green a member on here?
I like Turtle Creek.
Responding to what Whitey said- I would shy away from using my name, just in case if you ever want to sell the business, you could have a much larger buying group. Now, I know White is a popular name....

J&R Landscaping
01-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Turtle creek sounds the best to me!

Fahzu
01-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Turtle Creek Lawn Care sounds plenty professional.

Whitey4
01-07-2008, 12:11 AM
Isnt team green a member on here?
I like Turtle Creek.
Responding to what Whitey said- I would shy away from using my name, just in case if you ever want to sell the business, you could have a much larger buying group. Now, I know White is a popular name....

To each his own, I guess. I want my name out there. I stand behind it. If I were ever to sell the route, they would use their own name anyway. I just like having the name as part of my busines, with my name at the bottom of my business card.

Personally, I have found that many contractors that use salesman often don't live up to the promises the salesman made. When I write a contract, and make a promise.... my name is on the line. In the words of Truman, the buck stops here. That doesn't mean I'm right.... it just is what is right for ME.