PDA

View Full Version : toro dingo

Landrus2
01-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Witch Toro dingo you guys like better the track or the wheel :weightlifter:

jrdean62
01-07-2008, 04:13 PM
It all depends on what you are doing. If you are a fence guy then the wheeled units work great and save you some money. However, if you are going to be doing anything else I would go with tracks. The widetrack units only have 3.4 psi of ground pressure so are ideal for working on existing turf with little to no damage. The tracked units will also perform better in bad conditions. The tracked units also have the TX control system vs. the lever controls on the wheeled. I would advise anyone buying one to demo both.

paolaken
01-07-2008, 06:33 PM
i have a tire unit and love it. i have used a track unit many times and the only advantage i've noticed is when i use my vibraplow. the track unit pulls it alittle better. everything else, i like the wheeled unit much better. better visibility. easy on turf. faster.

YardPro
01-07-2008, 07:22 PM
i could not disagree more.
we spent a lot of time demoing machines and the track model offers many advantages over the wheeled units.

the controls are far easier to use, no cramping thumbs.
it has more lift capacity
better tracrion for digging and grading
much more HP
more stable
can use in low traction conditions.

well worth the extra money.

AintNoFun
01-07-2008, 08:00 PM
ditto... only time i could see using a wheeled unit more is if your on paved surfaces alot? i love our tracked unit...

i could not disagree more.
we spent a lot of time demoing machines and the track model offers many advantages over the wheeled units.

the controls are far easier to use, no cramping thumbs.
it has more lift capacity
better tracrion for digging and grading
much more HP
more stable
can use in low traction conditions.

well worth the extra money.