PDA

View Full Version : Topdressing machine

fordnut
01-05-2008, 09:20 PM
I'am looking to purchase one. I will be using it on yard 10k to 20k. What would ya'll recommend? Thanks

dave k
01-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Go to www.sandmantopdressing.com and talk to Richard, he can help you.

cpel2004
01-08-2008, 06:43 PM
How important is top dressing to residential lawns? I dont see many LCO's offering this service. Most of my lawns are 99.9 % St Augustine. Can you educate me on the benfits of Top Dressing for residential properties.

fordnut
01-08-2008, 08:18 PM
In northeastern NC we have very sandy soil. I live about 80 miles from the ocean.What research I have done, They say it improves the rootzone of your turf and it reduces the amount of water you have to put on it.Go topdressing.biz for more...thanks

golfguy
01-09-2008, 12:17 AM
Turfco meter matic.

ICT Bill
01-09-2008, 10:30 AM
I found a very economical company called earth and turf www.earthandturf.com great products
They make a great pull behind that fits a couple yards of compost. They have one that is motorized as well ($$$$$ cha ching)

Fordnut, you are right on with your research, see if you can find a good finished (well composted) compost to do your top dressing with, it has lots of nutrients you will love the results
Also if you want to see overseeding come up in three days, core aerate, I do like to do this first, some don't, seed, find a good mycorrhizae inoculum to spray or compost tea after seeding, and cover with 1/4 inch of good finished compost, in that order. You will be amazed at the short and long term growth and health of the grass. Its almost like putting down sod (OK I exaggerated about that it doesn't come up that fast)

bubenberg
01-15-2008, 08:38 AM
www.topdressing.biz (http://www,topdressing.biz) has a topdresser evaluation page. Check out the pointers and see what kind of soil conditions you have where you intent to topdress your turf.