PDA

View Full Version : exmark wiring

MAC LLC
01-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Happy New Year to all,

I have a lazer that was made roughly between 2001-2003, and I am having some issues with the wiring. One problem is the battery does not recharge and will die in about a weeks time, this I can deal with.

The larger problem is sometimes when I release the emergency brake it will kill the engine. This does not happen all the time and I can usually get it to work. I replaced the grey switch under the control pannel where the brake linkage presses.

The wiring in general on the mower is in bad shape there is no kill switch for the seat, I was wondering if anyone knew a fix, or if i should have a local repair shop look at it, or the possibility of rewiring the machine. It still has plenty of life, but its annoying when I have to play with the wiring/ switch in order to cut.

Thank you.

Restrorob
01-06-2008, 05:13 PM
With your FULL model and serial number you should be able to down-load a PDF parts manual here;

http://www.exmark.com/techsupport.htm

It should have the wire diagram near the end. Depending on how the seat switch was jumped, There could be a problem with the safety switch interlock delay module mounted behind the front cover below the seat.

The charging system problem could be caused by the unit harness butcher job or the engine it's self but no model numbers were posted to go any further.

MAC LLC
01-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Ill have to get the model and serial number tomorrow, for the machine does not stay at my house.

Knowing the wiring is butchered, I wonder if anyone would want to spend the time to rewire it, or if its even worth it. There are numerious fuses and switches bypasses.

Restrorob
01-06-2008, 07:35 PM
I wonder if anyone would want to spend the time to rewire it, or if its even worth it.

That would depend on where you took it and how much they would charge.