PDA

View Full Version : Licensing in Texas

millenium_123
01-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows about licensing in Texas? Thanks guys..

Toy2
01-06-2008, 07:11 PM
For what? Mowing? No, just buy a mower and let people know what you are doing, friends, neighbors, etc..

Good luck!!

millenium_123
01-06-2008, 07:22 PM
For what? Mowing? No, just buy a mower and let people know what you are doing, friends, neighbors, etc..

Good luck!!

Thats what I've always thought, but just wanted to ask around. Thanks!!

bohiaa
01-07-2008, 10:49 AM
make sure to get insurance, and it doesn't hurt to get bonded...its like 10.00 and it's Great for advertisement....

millenium_123
01-07-2008, 12:05 PM
make sure to get insurance, and it doesn't hurt to get bonded...its like 10.00 and it's Great for advertisement....

Im working on insurance now but I am not familiar with bonding. What is that exactly?

bohiaa
01-08-2008, 12:39 PM
it just protects the customer if you or one of your employees steal something from them.

To B Honest, I have NEVER had this issue, But I found that Just being bonded makes me a ton of money. It gives the customer that warm fuzzy feeling,

It shows you are protecting them, and like early stated.... it's GREAT for ad's....

JOES LAWN CARE Call xxx-xxx-xxxx

Joes lawn care Bonded and insured Call xxx-xxx-xxxx

these bonds are Very cheep I have one for 10.00 a year, it goes with my insurance and I'm insured upto 2 million

Good luck

P.S.

there is NO licensing in Texas, there talking about doing it but havent yet.

BUT if you spray roundup or anything else you will need a license

Be sure to keep monies seprate and from time to time deposit CASH into your Business account

txgrassguy
01-08-2008, 02:19 PM
The primary "license" for only mow and go's in Texas is to register with the State Comptroller's Office.
Should your business handle nursery plants I would recommend getting your Nursery Floral Certificate as well. This certificate is mandatory once you obtain your TDA Turf and Ornamental license.
And don't forget your Texas Irrigator's License for selling, repairing, installing and auditing irrigation systems here in Texas.
As a last note, you need to check with your county to determine the requirements for registering your business, if any.