PDA

View Full Version : Anyone willing to tell me about Washington?

Fahzu
01-06-2008, 10:58 PM
More specifically, Gig Harbor and surrounding areas. Doing some early research of the area. Anyone like it, is there business, a future there? I have an LCO in SW Riverside, CA. We have friends in Gig Harbor and they love it. I would greatly appreciate advice on the area and whether or not it is saturated with LCO's or if it even has a market for them or related services.

qwerty
01-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Fahzu,

I am familiar with the area. There are a lot of one-man landscapers and a handful of multi-crews as well as Servicemaster, but the housing market is still growing which is good. The properties in Gig Harbor and surrounding areas are rather valuable and landscaping and hardscaping are pretty good business there. The bad news is that Gig Harbor is on the peninsula and to get to Tacoma/Seattle you either have to use a toll bridge or ferry. Also, equipment dealers are few and far between on the pen.

Anyone else with Gig Harbor experience?

Fahzu
01-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Thanks qwerty, those are the kinds of details I was looking for. Especially availability of dealers, dumps, and suppliers. Definately good to know about the tolls since we don't have to think much about that down here (there are almost none to speak of). Anyway, I apprecieate the feedback. Thanks again!