PDA

View Full Version : How would you pimp out this truck?

westcoh
01-07-2008, 02:08 AM
Hey all, just looking for some ideas on how to bling out this truck a bit. I bought this truck as you see it in this picture. The flatdeck on the back is coming off and a dump box (maybe switch-n-go) going on.

My company colours are blue / white / green, and I'm debating whether or not to paint the truck something besides white? I'm looking for some good simulators for it too, anyone know a good online source for them?

I really want it to stand out from every other plain work truck like it around here. If anyone has pics of their own trucks all painted and lettered up I'd love to see them too.

SiteSolutions
01-07-2008, 09:02 AM
You could hav ethe whole thing wrapped in vinyl; there's a chain of tanning salons here and they did up an H3 that way, used the entire thing as a rolling billboard. I think a local car dealer did up a car like that, too. I have no idea how much it costs but maybe cheaper than painting it and then putting graphics / lettering on.

meets1
01-07-2008, 09:11 AM
You could get rid of the stock hood and go to your local truck dealership or salvage yard and get a better replacement. You may have to fab something to fit the fenders as the hood goes up/down. Take off the black fuel tank and steps and chrome them out. Same story with the stock wheel. If your bed tilts and it looks like wood, get them diamond plated on the sides. Then the back bumper / hitch should also get diamond or chromed out as well. You need to replace the stock cab light markers aloong with the air horn. Once again - you should be able to get this stuff through a local dealer, after market parts store and salavage yard.

That is my idea, may cost a little moey but you would have a one of a kind truck!

Oasis-Outdoor
01-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Westcoh,

Ditto on the polished tread plate and the wheel simulators. Have not yet found an on-line source. Clean, polished wheel simulators would instantly make you IH look cleaner. Also when it comes to company logos on the doors I like a graphic effect that you don't see much anymore. It is the shadowed chrome looking lettering. It is hard to describe it, but will try to find a pic. Good straight truck ya got there, good luck with pimpin' it!

Accu-cut Lawn Care
01-07-2008, 11:55 AM
I have a feeling ttthomas should chime in here. He has a pretty slick International with a switch and go.

Plant Buyer 83
01-07-2008, 12:03 PM
I have a feeling ttthomas should chime in here. He has a pretty slick International with a switch and go.

Agreed or ETW Man, hes got some nice trucks.

SiteSolutions
01-07-2008, 01:09 PM
WTF is a wheel simulator?

Personally, I have found that real wheels are necessary to the safe operation of the truck. :rolleyes:

Randy Scott
01-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Leave it how it is and put the money in your pocket. At most, letter it with your company logo.

lawnMaster5000
01-07-2008, 02:53 PM
do this
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=167764&highlight=switch-n-go&page=14

Scag48
01-07-2008, 03:47 PM
www.awdirect.com more than likely has everything, hardware wise, you'd ever need for a commercial truck geared toward vocational use. Chem them out, they have simulators, lights, all sorts of great toys.

Nice truck BTW, it has some potential. Simulators, chrome bumper with LED markers, change out your clearance lights to LED's if they aren't already, change all other marker lights to LED if they aren't already, chrome mirrors, I've seen a few IH's with nice chrome visors, not Pete huge, but nicely added. I'd also get some underbody boxes but mount them to the frame if you're getting a Switch-N-Go, make sure they're diamond plated for the bling effect. Hahaha. Just a couple of my ideas

snoope
01-07-2008, 08:01 PM
www.virgofleet.com

800 270-6003

Ask for their catalog or just ask If all the "Bling" on pgs 50, 51and 58 are still true:usflag::usflag:

They also carry LEDs for EVERY application...

Snoope back quiet

snoope
01-07-2008, 08:17 PM
I can not EDIT above ...so when you go to their site ...click the"Customer truck" link........you will see "bling" on IHCs plus every"Working truck" you might think of...

Snoope

Lynden-Jeff
01-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Green and blue realistic fire coming up the hood with your logo on the door, would look pretty sweet.

Cheers
Jeff

westcoh
01-08-2008, 02:26 AM
Thanks for all the ideas and links. I checked out the sites and there was some nice pics of all kinds of trucks which gave me lots of ideas. I think for now my priorities are gonna be getting the dump box installed, some big underbody toolboxes on each side, simulators, and I think that bumpers gonna have to be replaced by something shinier too. I'm still unsure what to do as far as paint, but I saw some nice two-tone paint schemes on those sites that has me thinking.

I've seen tthomass truck too and it looks great. I would've loved to get the new body-style International too but at the price it would've cost me it was just out of my price range.

Swampy
01-08-2008, 04:01 AM
I'd do all that "chroming" out and a nice blue metallic flake paint (NOT CAMMILLION CRAP) with a lighter base coat.

Here the paint job on one we are trying to sell. This is a green metallic flake, with a GM Jet Black base coat. Under different light its dark green, purple, and black. Note don't try to DIY, the paint is expensive, and runs very easily. My friend, who paints our trucks, works for a custom body shop and does ours on the side.

Heres some pics of it's color change. From inside Forest Green.
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/4530/sta70168qc2.jpg

To a Bluish Green.
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/4522/sta70169rc3.jpg
The Pictures aren't the greatest, was out throwing down a Calcium/salt mix just before. I would have like to left the steel supports on the box and replaced them with a stainless steel sheet.
We also got a 550 dressed the same way

GradeMan
01-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Let a little chrome shine through, Nice stock truck looks like a virgin