PDA

View Full Version : blower

stslawncare
10-21-2001, 02:20 PM
hey guys,
Yesterday i went to blow at a customers house and i pull on the cord and it fights me very hard and i pulled harder and kept pulling and i pullet it all the way and it wont start nor will the cord go back in, its just hanging out. what should i do its a craftsman handheld.

lawnboy82
10-21-2001, 02:48 PM
Scott, throw it out and buy a real blower.

Robert Doubrava
10-21-2001, 03:00 PM
the recoil starter spring is most likely broken. if you want to fix it, check the recoil starter assembly.

vipermanz
10-21-2001, 04:34 PM
sheared flywheel key

stslawncare
10-21-2001, 05:58 PM
how do i go about doing that, i would throw it out but the next blower i get will be a good backpack one and i dont have enough money for that. i have to make through with this for a while.

XOFMOT
10-21-2001, 07:49 PM
Sounds like the KERNUCKULATOR fell off of the SPINAROUNDER so My suggestion is the same as LB82 (first time for everyone I guess), invest in a commercial unit. GOOD LUCK!

Robert Doubrava
10-21-2001, 07:50 PM
the first thing you do is take off the recoil starter assembly. if it is a sheared flywheel key, then take the flywheel off. it may be hard to take off. if im wrong on anything, some one please correct me!
(im not very good with 2 strokes)

khouse
10-21-2001, 11:59 PM
If you take it to be repaired you'll spend 40 to 60$ for service. If it needs parts you'll be out of the blower for a week or so. If you don't have the cash for a commercial unit then buy what you can afford. Take the money for your repair and go to Lowe's or Home Depot and buy the $60 weed eater blower. This will get you by until you can save for a commercial unit.

GLS
10-27-2001, 01:04 AM
If the blower is under 2 years old, you should be able to take it to the sears service center and they'll fix it (in about a year!). They're service is crap, but the muffler on mine kept coming loose...they had to order a new cyliner. It would have ended up costing $190 with all the labor but was under warranty. I bought it for $110 thought!! I finally got it back 2 weeks later, luckily I have 2 others.

MOW ED
10-27-2001, 09:07 AM
I have an extra handheld Singer/Ryobi blower/vac that I can loan you.

Got tired of being slow so it sits in the attic.

Save the pennies for a backpack, you can't even compare them. Good Luck

Richard Martin
10-27-2001, 10:36 AM
Just for grins remove the spark plug and see if you can push the piston down with a stick or dowel rod. If the piston is up and won't go down you may have worse problems than a stuck recoil assembly.

Barkleymut
10-28-2001, 10:30 PM
Skip buying a backpack and go straight for a push blower. If you can't even afford a BP blower then perhaps you need a business lesson. Are you charging by the job? If so then you could fit in at least twice the work if you are using a BP. Or if you are a solo outfit and have a 36" with a bagger, a Dixie Chopper with a Trac Vac, 2 BP blowers (just in case one goes down), and a 9 HP Little Wonder then you will be prepared for any type of leaves and any method of disposal. Also rakes and tarps are still decent alternatives and possibly superior to a hand held.