PDA

View Full Version : What to do about a name

mattmus4357
01-07-2008, 06:05 PM
I have been in the business the past two years, but this will be the first year that it is a "real" business. I haven't done any landscaping in the past, but I am looking to get into the small scale landscaping projects. So now to the question. Right now my business is called Mustain's Lawn Service. Since I am applying for a business license should I leave it that or should I change it to Mustain's Lawn & Landscaping. Any help would be appreciated.

-Matt-

Fert33
01-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Hey Matt,

I'm just starting out as well. I have also had the same thoughts. I am definately adding landscape to my company name. I guess the question is do you already have equipment lettered? Sometimes changing what people are seeing can be a negative. I don't think so in this case though. It is an added service that you are providing it can only help. If you get calls for bigger jobs than you can handle right now, your schedule is full.

echeandia
01-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Add landscaping to your name. If you plan on eventually offering it as a service (you should get educated about the services you offer) then you won't have to change it.

mattmus4357
01-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks guys. That is what I was thinking as well I just wanted to get a second opinion.

rcracer
01-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Not to look like a fool but is your brother mitch the quarter back that played at University of Arkansas for a year. I am from Arkansas originally and just wondering.:usflag:

mattmus4357
01-07-2008, 10:54 PM
That depends, do you like him or hate him?:confused:

bohiaa
01-08-2008, 11:27 AM
it really doesn't matter.

I get checks all the time made to King Landscaping, King Lawn service, and even King Grass.

the name of the company is KinG Lawn Care.

humble1
01-08-2008, 05:59 PM
put landscaping if you are going to offer it, you should reg both names so no one else can take it

rcracer
01-08-2008, 07:40 PM
I like him I played at Decatur Ar not to far from Sprigdale. Of course we werent very good. No I just wish he could have stayed at Arkansas but I am shure he knows what he is doing. He is starting for USC right? Take it easy and good luck with your buisness.

dKoester
01-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Make sure you get your contractors license also.

tinman
01-08-2008, 08:31 PM
I have been in the business the past two years, but this will be the first year that it is a "real" business. I haven't done any landscaping in the past, but I am looking to get into the small scale landscaping projects. So now to the question. Right now my business is called Mustain's Lawn Service. Since I am applying for a business license should I leave it that or should I change it to Mustain's Lawn & Landscaping. Any help would be appreciated.

-Matt-
Yes people have short attention spans and may not read past your company name in your ads. So get them informed quick.