PDA

View Full Version : Toughts about this truck.

Uranus
01-07-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm looking for another mowing/landscaping truck. I need it to be able to handle mowing 3 days a week and mulch, loam, and a leaf box on non mowing days. Plowing is a big part of my income up here in Mass it needs 4X4 and a plow. I've seen this truck at a local dealer. They are not the best known dealer in the area. Seems like a lot of there used cars are bought at auction. I always told myself I would only buy new from them, but I need a truck like this.

I wanted to trade in my personal truck, Nissan Frontier crew cab for a F 3,4,or 550 extended cab, but for the price of this truck I would probably keep the Nissan and just toss a check at them for a few grand.

I'm thinking offer $25,000 and put down either 2K or 3K.

http://www.medeiroschevrolet.com/used-inventory/vehicle-details.htm?vehicleId=872890274046381e01609812000a0a85&useHistory=true#

Uranus
01-08-2008, 12:20 AM
hey Uranus. I think that's a great truck. Wish I could afford one like that. :)

NBI Lawn
01-08-2008, 12:20 AM
I would just keep your $2000. That isnt going to lower your payment that much. Use it for other equipment or take your old lady out of town for the weekend :drinkup:

supercuts
01-08-2008, 08:18 AM
it looks a decent truck with very low miles. im guessing the plow was not brand new with the truck considering the wear. in the pics it also isnt hookedup or falling off. dont see 4x4 list too, make sure you check. some through plows on 2wds. also, go lower than $25 and work up to it if tahts were you want to be. if your plowing residential the body will make it a bit tough, but in order to meet all yoru needs it think its the way to go and a good work truck

mag360
01-08-2008, 09:56 AM
If it is 2wd be aware that you can at least get a left over '07 for the same price or less. You can probably get an '08 2wd for less than $30,000 with a new plow and no dent on the tailgate and a much better trans.

Even if it's 4x4 I'd check new prices (pick up a truck trader---you can catch some great sale prices in the northeast)

Uranus
01-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Daricek. I think some meat head didn't put the plow on right for the pic. I drive by it several times a week and it is on correctly now. I saw them plowing some of there lot with it during the last storm. It says 4x4 in the specs. But who knows, never trust what they say in the description online. Thanks for the response