PDA

View Full Version : DIESEL SECRET - anyone using it???

1cooltreeguy
01-07-2008, 11:30 PM
Are you using Diesel Secret? Is it working out for you? Pros, cons????:dancing::dancing:

topsites
01-08-2008, 11:28 AM
No mystery mix in my fuel, they can't tell me what it's made of then I don't want it, even less so when it's all just claims.

razor1
01-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Are you using Diesel Secret? Is it working out for you? Pros, cons????:dancing::dancing:

What is it? :confused:

1cooltreeguy
01-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Take a look----

http://dieselsecret.com/

AtoZ
01-08-2008, 12:28 PM
It sounds good. I wonder if it works. I'm paying about $3,000 a month in fuel. That sucks!!! I'd try it if I talked to someone that has taken the plunge...

American_Lawn
01-08-2008, 12:59 PM
I am not sure about making it yourself, but I saw a show on tv where they put a veggie-deisel in a car and it kicked butt on the drag strip. I think it was on MTV where they take beat up cars and then restore them. I will try finding a link and post it on here.

GradeMan
01-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Wouldn't trust it, Some times I will add a little automatic trans fluid to give the fuel injector pump a treat. I seen old farmers add a liter of gas to a full tank of diesel, They have been doing it all there lives and says it gives it a little kick, but I wouldn't do it

Lynden-Jeff
01-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Seafoam for my diesel, that stuff is the bomb.

1cooltreeguy
01-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Seafoam for my diesel, that stuff is the bomb.

say what? what is that?:confused:

IA_James
01-08-2008, 07:26 PM
I think this is one of those waste vegetable oil set ups where you go around and ***** yourself to KFC etc etc, filter the daylights out of it, cook the snot out of it (has acids and water in it after use I think) and then you better not get caught by your DOT.

Seafoam Green is a product that some people use to clean tanks, lines, and injectors on fuel injected gassers and diesels.

nathaniellawnwv
01-08-2008, 10:47 PM
No, you do not have to cook it, just some mixing and filtering, and, really, the DOT has better things to do than looking for the .01% of Americans running their vehicles on veggie oil. I am also pretty sure they just prohibit the sale of it because there has been not environmental testing on it.

THE PROS:
-Cheap
-Exhaust smells great (let me tell you, you can really smell this stuff when you're stopped at a red light)
-I does work with no changes in engine performance
-Fairly cheap to set up

THE CONS:
-It's messy to make
-It takes time to make (passes through filters slowly)
-The vehicle is hard to start on the mixture after sitting all night This was in the summer, I have not even tried it in the winter.
-Fuel filters clog easier

MY OPINION:
I was running the fuel in a 7.3L naturally aspirated diesel engine (Navistar/Ford). You can have better luck starting it if (on a dual tank vehicle) you switch it over to diesel fuel before parking it for the night and let it purge the veggie oil out of the system. I figured, if I have to do all of this anyhow, I might as well convert the truck to straight waste veggie oil and aviod all of the mixing. So that is what I'm working on now.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

AtoZ
01-09-2008, 12:03 AM
Wow!!! Tell us more. How do you like it? How long have you been using it? Have you used it in newer diesel engines?

Thanks for the feedback...

Az Gardener
01-09-2008, 12:52 AM
If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

I have heard the same thing and have done a lot of research, filter,filter,filter. Anyway my question is Where are you getting your wvo? I have tried a couple of places and they told me they are under contract with a company and can't give me any. They are always Hispanic or Asian with limited English. It has also been fall/winter since I have learned about WVO so not really too excited to get going untill spring. The other question is how do you get it pump, ladle, whats your trick?

I have heard that soybean oil from Chinese restaurants is best and to pump it from the middle. Not the top, that's where the water is and not from the bottom, thats where the chunks are. I am also kind of concerned about using a pump with something flammable like Veg oil.

I'm sure there are others out there using this technology. I am just sharing what I have been told.

mini14
01-09-2008, 05:17 PM
stay away from snake oil salesmen......as far as wvo...u will coke your pistons and injectors eventually...u will have great success with buring just about any type of oil in any none electronicly controlled diesel...id say just about any engine built before 1997 just check out what the prices are on injection pumps and injectors, cauz u burn that stuff u will be replacing them more often...does it really pay...the only thing i will burn is waste filtered motor oil in small amounts. as far a dot is concerened they cant ticket u for burning oil cauz it is exempt from dot regs. due to having too high flash point.

nathaniellawnwv
01-17-2008, 07:59 PM
I got away from DSE for a chain reaction of reasons. When I switched garages, my "mixing tank" developed a crack. I was busy mowing and didn't have time to fix it, and then I decided that I would just switch over to straight WVO because the mixture had to be switched over to diesel anyhow.

I have not tried running it in any newer engines. I am a particular fan of the tried-and-true, simple, all-mechanical diesel engines, even if they're not power houses.

As for getting the oil, I have two locations: one is a private school, and the other is a monastery. I think it is easier to get oil from these kind of institutional operations rather than restaurants because disposal of the oil is kind of an afterthought for them, whereas it is a top priority with restaurants.

nathaniellawnwv
01-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Well, I guess I better read the entire post before I start answering questions.

I am still trying to perfect a system for collection. A hand barrel pump works pretty good, but you have to pump, and it really takes two guys - one to hold the pump and one to pump.

I am thinking about getting a manual crane for my truck and just taking the entire barrel and replacing it with a new one. I could then empy it in my own good time.

You really don't have to worry about the flammabiliy of veg. oil. It won't just blow up like gaoline - it is more like motor oil.

1cooltreeguy
01-17-2008, 08:10 PM
:dancing:Well, I guess I better read the entire post before I start answering questions.

I am still trying to perfect a system for collection. A hand barrel pump works pretty good, but you have to pump, and it really takes two guys - one to hold the pump and one to pump.

I am thinking about getting a manual crane for my truck and just taking the entire barrel and replacing it with a new one. I could then empy it in my own good time.

You really don't have to worry about the flammabiliy of veg. oil. It won't just blow up like gaoline - it is more like motor oil.

Hey Boss, So you were using diesel secret? Tell me how it was working 4 u? I guess what you are saying is if it is hot outside then you can run straight veggie oil? Let me know? Eric

man of stihl
01-18-2008, 03:14 PM
i use rbp additive. its made by rolling big power.com. it works well. my fass likes it. i also run a quart of tcw-3 2 stroke injector oil on every fill up. wally world special. my injector pump thanks me. gives some blue smoke on start up and for some reason i swear it makes me run more boost? i havnt figured that out yet but thats what my guages are telling me

nathaniellawnwv
01-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Read my earlier reply - I said all about how DSE performs.

Warmer weather does help veg. oil burn, but you can't just burn straight veg. oil unless the temperature is about 170 degrees outside :eek: (that is the best temp. to burn straight veg. oil - a min. of 140 degrees)

You may want to check out www.frybrid.com/forum/.
There is another really good sight that offers help but I can't think of it right now. If I do, I'll let you know.

Grass Happens
01-18-2008, 04:25 PM
This why Mfgs recommend blending with petro-diesele. The diesel you get now has ultra-low sulfur concentrations for emissions. The sulfur was what was used to help the lubricity of the pump etc. Now they're mixing some biodiesel in pump diesel to make-up for the loss of sulfur. After switching over to Bio- make sure you change your filters a couple of times, that stuff is a solvent like no-other. It also likes to gel in cold temps, so in the winter, I would use smaller amounts if any.
On another not, has anyone added two-stroke mix to there fuel? I've read else where that it helps lube everything up, and increase mileage...

nathaniellawnwv
01-19-2008, 07:05 PM
I always just put 5 or 6 ounces of automatic transmission fulid per tank in the ultra-low sulfer diesel to keep my old IDI pumping slick.

For as cheap as ATF is compaired to your various additives, you can't go wrong!