PDA

View Full Version : My logo and My Business

GrassMastersKS
01-08-2008, 12:09 AM
Ive been mowing for 2 years now and this year i created GrassMasters, LLC. I've put roughly $1700 this year. A two year old 6x17 tandam trailer ($1150,fresh paint, great steal). 1000 business cards and the logo below, and shirts on the way. As for equipment im a little short with a 21" toro commercial, 3 21" used residential mowers and a 38" 2004 riding huskee mower (yes, huskee, but it was 300 and runs). Last year my profit was split almost evenly between mowing and minor landscaping. Last year i was not legal and i averaged 10 lawns a week. This year i have all past 10 clients ready to go already. Im hoping to gain 15 lawns (25 total) and grow primarly the mulching and retaining wall side of my landscaping. All my equipment is paid off, and this year my goal is to bring a 'professional look' and target the teachers in my school through their personal bullitons (already worked out) and the upper-class houses in my community. I have to do this while focusing on football and school (im a junior and have offers to play at KU, KSU, Duke and if i can keep the grades up Stanford is on its way). I love the sport but i love business like no other. I was curious to ask how some of you started off, and wonder if i am possibly over my head?, please do answer, if im to make this thing grow i need to learn from some pros :usflag:. Thank you.

GrassMastersKS
01-08-2008, 12:10 AM
This is GrassMaster, LLC

bigw
01-08-2008, 12:23 AM
I like your logo and good luck :weightlifter:

backtobasicslawncare
01-08-2008, 12:25 AM
yea nice logo!

GrassMastersKS
01-08-2008, 12:31 AM
Alright, thank you. Now Bigw, i read a post where you've dished about 50k into just starting. Im young and optimistic so ill bet on you to succeed, but im wondering how many lawns you plan on servicing this season?

KS_Grasscutter
01-08-2008, 12:37 AM
Dang, you make those stripes with the 38" Huskee?

KCLandscape
01-08-2008, 12:40 AM
No matter what... sign with KU!!!
Nowhere to go but down :-)

GrassMastersKS
01-08-2008, 12:49 AM
Haha, that photo was put on there to show "great professionalism". Hopefully ill be able to do that next season, but by then i hope to be passing on the company, selling it or something else. Basically, its for looks.

Big C
01-08-2008, 01:11 AM
cool logo...good luck

GrassMastersKS
01-08-2008, 01:11 AM
Hey, KS Grasscutter, im in newton, just next door. I was wondering how well off you are in Hutchinson? last week i completed a tree removal job there after your ice storm.

deere615
01-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Nice logo, good luck with your business

KS_Grasscutter
01-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Hey, KS Grasscutter, im in newton, just next door. I was wondering how well off you are in Hutchinson? last week i completed a tree removal job there after your ice storm.

Well off? I dunno what you mean exactly I guess. And I have done about 10 or 12 tree removal jobs since the storm... I am quite tired of it. And it sucked doing all those cleanups on weekends and after school. I am done now, if anyone else calls, I am telling them to call someone else.

Runner
01-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Nice logo. Just a little advice, though? Get rid of the "minor" landscape. Either you do it, or you don't. YOU decide whether the job is too big and out of your league or not AFTER you are asked about it. DON'T limit yourself before people even consider asking you. You just handicap yourslf by putting "limiting" terminology on there. Again, YOU can decide to refer them to someone else or suggest another solution if you like. The same goes with the "light" commercial. Again, you are putting limiting connotations into the potential customers' minds.
Another thing....get rid of the "personal" business. You are not a counselor. If you wanted to say "personalized" service, or something of the sort....fine. But not "personal".
I WOULD like to commend you on your efforts and say once again that you did a nice job on your logo, though.

enviouslawns
01-09-2008, 02:23 PM
nice cards and logo...wheres that house at??? it looks like a house down the street from me?