PDA

View Full Version : F150 Hauling

American_Lawn
01-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Yesterday I hauled a full pallet of the wider fence panels. I think it was about 280 of them. I also had 33 2x4 under the pallet also. Anyways, when everything was loaded, I thought my truck was going to do a weelie. Is there, and about how much is it beef up my rear-end (suspension) and what are the pros and cons of doing so?

Premo Services
01-08-2008, 12:16 PM
There are air shocks, timberns, and others.
The major problem when hauling the weight you were is stopping. If you get it going the brakes will not be able to stop you in a situation, and the compromise in handling.

SimonCX
01-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Start taking 2 trips to pick stuff up or get a trailer, timbrens or air shocks will help but if you overload it that much all the time your going to break something it's just a matter of time.

GravelyGuy
01-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Try this.

http://www.supersprings.com/

American_Lawn
01-08-2008, 12:35 PM
I did not plan on hauling that much, I was just told a few things, but I guess maybe they ment 2 items, just alot of them. I never haul things that heavy, I was just wondering what were somethings I could do to beef up the suspension. thanks for the replys. I would have done it in two trips if I know that was what I was hauling.

AtoZ
01-08-2008, 01:56 PM
A set of Timbrens will cost you around $180... They work great for what their intended for... I have them on two of my pickups...

Accu-cut Lawn Care
01-08-2008, 03:36 PM
I did not plan on hauling that much, I was just told a few things, but I guess maybe they ment 2 items, just alot of them. I never haul things that heavy, I was just wondering what were somethings I could do to beef up the suspension. thanks for the replys. I would have done it in two trips if I know that was what I was hauling.

Super springs are only activated when a heavy load is present. I had them on my 1500 with a flatbed before I opted to add some leaf springs. I think I may have overloaded the ss a little bit... But that truck was hauling a 1200 pound ztr. If you want some extra spring every now and then; the super springs are great. If you plan on hauling a lot of weight often; add a couple of leafs and some airbags.