PDA

View Full Version : JRCO aerators

CharlotteOutdoorImpact
01-08-2008, 11:46 PM
So does anyone have any feedback on the JRCO aerator or any of the other attachments you can get... I am curious on the job they do and if they are built tough enough to last under commercial use.

Thanks

hackitdown
01-09-2008, 06:12 PM
I have the "dethatcher" for a 52" ztr. I have used it for 3 seasons, it looks like it will last another 5 or 6. I do about 25 dethatchings per year. It is not heavy duty, it is all bolted and pinned together rather than welded, but it is ok so far.

It doesn't do a "real" dethatching. The results are the same as raking the lawn very well with a wire rake, and my customer like it. It takes about twice as long as it takes to mow the same lawn.

CharlotteOutdoorImpact
01-09-2008, 09:36 PM
I have the "dethatcher" for a 52" ztr. I have used it for 3 seasons, it looks like it will last another 5 or 6. I do about 25 dethatchings per year. It is not heavy duty, it is all bolted and pinned together rather than welded, but it is ok so far.

It doesn't do a "real" dethatching. The results are the same as raking the lawn very well with a wire rake, and my customer like it. It takes about twice as long as it takes to mow the same lawn.

Do you think that dethatcher ruffs up the soil good enough to seed after words, to provide better seed to soil contact?

hackitdown
01-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Do you think that dethatcher ruffs up the soil good enough to seed after words, to provide better seed to soil contact?

I have used it for that. You can lower the tines right to ground level. I used it once to rake moss off a lawn, and then seed/fert. It worked so well I wished I had charged more.