PDA

View Full Version : Grade my business plan.

stevenf
01-09-2008, 01:56 AM
I will be getting my business registered in my name, Picking up a business license, Opening a bank account, and I plan to add liability insurance right before the first job of the season. I will also be looking into different classes which will allow me to get my sprayers license. This will be my first REAL year in business. I didnt persue it all that much last year because of equipment. My goal is to make my business a landscape management service. I want to have customers sign an agreement that they will be billed either every two weeks or once a month. The agreement will explain that I am guaranteed to be there once a week or twice a week even if they arent home. The days will not be specified because of possible weather or maintinance issues.
Two pay off my NEW mower that I will be purchaseing, I will start passing out 2,500 flyers at the beginning of feb.(season starts in march). I will also have a trailer sign, truck magnets, and I will go door to door for comercial accounts.
Do any of you guys do this type of agreement? If not, what would you suggest?

echeandia
01-09-2008, 08:13 PM
I don't see a business plan.

ExcaliburLawnCare
01-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Where is the plan?

stevenf
01-10-2008, 01:25 AM
Wasnt really my BUSINESS plan, More of how I plan to bill the customers and what I will be expecting them to agree on when they sign an agreement.
So looking at the billing and the agreement, What would you suggest?

Edmond_Dantes
01-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Where are you in Louisiana? I'm planning on doing a similar thing this year.

stevenf
01-10-2008, 11:46 AM
I am in Baton Rouge. Do you plan on doing the same billing plan as mine or is yours different?

Edmond_Dantes
01-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Pretty much the same. I've been a baseball coach for last few years and mowed grass in high school. I'm not looking to do any more than maintenance on the landscape end. I'm more of a mow and blow type. I've talked to a few lawn guys in the area and they said there's plenty of business because so many people are flakey. No shows, no contracts, no meeting customer demands, ect.

I'm not going to do the flyers. This town is a more of who you know type of market. I'm going to advertise in a couple of local papers in the next couple of weeks and talk to a lot of folks that I know. I'm really think I can handle 25-30 yards because I'm going to keep my job teaching/coaching job. I just want some extra income and something to do in the summertime besides watching TV and getting fat.:weightlifter:

J&R Landscaping
01-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Send out invoices once a month. I would also try to specify days and keep to them as best as possible. That way, if they have a dog or younger kids and the yard needs to be cleaned up, it can be put on schedule. This will also allow them to be flexible if they are having other work done on their house or property (new driveway, siding, new oil tank etc.) so they know what days are free. JMO

stevenf
01-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Are you going to bil every two weeks or once a month?

HOOLIE
01-10-2008, 05:24 PM
So looking at the billing and the agreement, What would you suggest?

Payment in advance, one month's worth.