PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you sub out your mowwing?

jdwilliams1
01-09-2008, 09:34 AM
I was wondering if any of you have had success offering all services other than mowing.

It seems to me that those who mow have the best chance of providing all services to a homeowner.

We provide all services but I am not wanting to mow anymore and was wondering how hard it might be to build a relationship with someone so they will not try to steal other services from me and just do the mowing?

Thanks

Any thoughts

LawnGuy73
01-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Nope.......

LawnMastersTx
01-13-2008, 01:37 PM
I am the type that would not mind setting up a partnership like that, since i enjoy mowing. Too bad your business is not down here in Texas. Problem that it seems is finding someone to trust to do this type of partnership with. Too easy for someone to steal your part of the deal from you. Just risky unless you find someone like me in your area =)

jtlammers
01-17-2008, 05:56 PM
jwilliams I am not interested in the landscape aspect I enjoy mowing grass and work alone cutting grass. Give me a call and we can work something out.

Jeff
513-225-7520

pcgovols
01-21-2008, 11:54 AM
I would be interested in doing a partnership like that. I ma not interested in the landscaping aspects. Call me. Patrick 317-442-3611

Daily Lawn/Landscape
01-21-2008, 07:16 PM
If your concerned about them taking other services, have them sign a no compete clause. That way you have a legal way of protecting yourself.

dwlah
01-22-2008, 12:01 AM
I have an informal agreement between myself and a couple of guys
I do the mowing
One does the landscaping
and another one does the fert stuff
We each like doing our on thing we don't care to do the others stuff
Its more of a referral thing we do
Ive gotten some accounts and Ive referred stuff out that my customers are satisfied with
And thats what Im after- satisfied customers

andyslawncare
01-25-2008, 08:55 PM
i would take over the mowing. its the easiest way to make money, i think.
i'm sure if you called around you could find someone.

IndyChad
01-25-2008, 09:28 PM
jwilliams,

We would be more than happy to take all of your customers, oops I mean all your mowing. Just joking. Like other people said make sure you get a non-compete agreement signed so that you do not have to stress about someone else taking your customers. You should also get them to sign a waiver that indicates you are not responsible for liability issues for something that they might mess up. Also remember that if you sub out, even though they are not your employees, they will reflect on your image because the homeowner is dealing with you and not the other company. Good luck!

Fordsuvparts
01-26-2008, 12:12 AM
We sub out all of our mowing, last year we subbed out about 100k in mowing work. We keep between 10-15% and then smile when it is 100 degree's outside and cash the check.