PDA

View Full Version : Remote Control.....

RockSet N' Grade
01-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Just got a bobcat magazine in the mail. {"The Remote Solution" Bobcat radio remote control system for bobcat loaders. Easily installs and is transferable between approved bobcat skid steer loaders or compact track loaders equipped with selectable joystick controls and bobcat all weheel steer loaders. Easily switch between remote control mode and machine/direct control mode.") As soon as I can hook that bad boy up to a computor I am off to the beach and I will work from there......

bobcat_ron
01-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Put a crash test dummy in the seat of the Bobcat and really scare people!!

mrsops
01-09-2008, 06:43 PM
i seen that control theres a few videos on youtube i heard it goes for 10,000 for that remote. im telling you bobcat is coming up with big things

Scag48
01-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Remote control is nothing new, however I will have to give a hat off to Bobcat for going through with the development. I have to wonder, who would buy this for a skid steer? You still have to operate the machine and you couldn't possibly be nearly as productive nor detail oriented via remote control. Call me crazy, but there is no bridged gap between full automation and human operators. Until someone comes up with a system that sends a machine to the site, by itself, to dig a hole, by itself, and finish the job completely unassisted there will always be a need for someone to be around. I guess I don't understand the remote control stuff. Remote control trench compactors make sense, that's a complete duh, but anything else just fails to strike me as a good business idea.

mrsops
01-09-2008, 07:41 PM
scag in my opinon i think its a great idea now my operators dont have to complain about there backs anymore :) they can sit on a longue chair and operate the machine with the control

kreft
01-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Wait, let me get this strait....... You just got your bobcat magazine, I got mine 3 months ago!

RockSet N' Grade
01-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Scag........with the current technology that is being presented, I have to agree. I just see this as a progression........sheesh, I can remember when I did complicated math on a Texas Instruments Model 59 and that was before computers were in everyone's briefcase. Imagine: remote control with cameras, gps capabilities and other software support.......could be nintendo taken to a new level. Who knows and it is just mental gymnastics for me so I don't get "stuck"....

RockSet N' Grade
01-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Kreft....we are a little slow here........also the Bobcat salesman thinks he's got a hot one here, so I think he added me to their list........usually don't like or accept junk mail.

bobcat_ron
01-09-2008, 08:28 PM
My local Bobcat dealer customized a 453 with remote technology about 12 years ago, it was recently traded in last year for a new 463, it's was still the same system, it was built for handling waste 50 gallon drums.

dozerman21
01-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Remote control is nothing new, however I will have to give a hat off to Bobcat for going through with the development. I have to wonder, who would buy this for a skid steer? You still have to operate the machine and you couldn't possibly be nearly as productive nor detail oriented via remote control. Call me crazy, but there is no bridged gap between full automation and human operators. Until someone comes up with a system that sends a machine to the site, by itself, to dig a hole, by itself, and finish the job completely unassisted there will always be a need for someone to be around. I guess I don't understand the remote control stuff. Remote control trench compactors make sense, that's a complete duh, but anything else just fails to strike me as a good business idea.

I agree. Props to Bobcat for going through with it, I just don't see any advantage unless you're operating next to a cliff and you're afraid the machine might go over and you don't want to go with it!:laugh:

Like Scag said, somebody will still need to be there, and you won't have the same visibility as you would from the seat of the machine, no feel going into a push, etc... It could only be used in a wide open area. I'm sure one day with GPS and technology advancing constantly, there will be a machine that can run itself. That day is still a ways off, and I doubt any of us will ever flip the bill of what it's going to cost, but I guess you never know. The closest thing we have to that now in the field is Cat's Accu-Grade System.

forestfireguy
01-09-2008, 09:29 PM
The only application I see for it is where there is a danger to a human operator, in that cpacity it's a great idea, beyond that, it's kinda silly.

bobcat_ron
01-10-2008, 09:36 AM
It's really nice for ship trimming.

pilawn
01-27-2008, 02:49 PM
Well... I found this on Bobcat website, which I thought was interesesting

*Operation of the loader with the Radio Remote Control System is NOT APPROVED for use in certain areas requiring additional safeguards against fire hazards as defined by the National Fire Protection Association Standard NFPA-505 (also ANSI B56.2) or by OSHA as defined in the Code of Federal Regulations 29 CFR 1910.178.

NOTE: Loaders equipped with the Radio Remote Control System should not be used in explosive environments or in applications where extremely high temperatures could damage the machine.

bobcat_ron
01-27-2008, 03:30 PM
Sounds like Bobcrap doesn't want their precious paint to chip and scratch!!!!

Dirt Digger2
01-27-2008, 04:08 PM
The only application I see for it is where there is a danger to a human operator, in that cpacity it's a great idea, beyond that, it's kinda silly.

exactly...you can put this thing in confined spaces, in areas where if a human operator was to go all kinds of proper ventilation would have to take place. You would be able to run it at building collapses where there is extreme amounts of dust and pollutants in the air...the only real reason i see its use is for emergencies and safety purposes. If your company does things like this then it would be a worthwhile investment