PDA

View Full Version : I Need A Better Way To Get Up Leaves

shayes2953
01-10-2008, 11:44 AM
What are you doing to get up leaves. I am using a blower and bags or a tarp or my mower. There has to be a better way. I have a two acre account with a lot of trees and it is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!

fastcat
01-10-2008, 12:13 PM
what i do is mow in a circle in one direction moving the leaves to the center and the leaves get chopped up while doing this and when you get them in a pile in the middle( i have a chute blocker) i block the discharge chute and run over the piles of leaves and it chops them up really fine and then i put the leaf gobbler on and bag them up. it there is still some leaf dust piled up use ur blower to spread it out really good so there is no clumps. this process has worked really great this year.

grass_cuttin_fool
01-10-2008, 12:19 PM
I use a cyclone rake and have been very pleased with it for 2 seasons now

wayne

fastcat
01-10-2008, 12:28 PM
I use a cyclone rake and have been very pleased with it for 2 seasons now

wayne

what size do you have

grass_cuttin_fool
01-10-2008, 01:11 PM
I have the commercial pro....was the best they offered at the time or I should say the biggest.
I had severaal people tell me to get the Commander pro but I thought bigger was better.The only thing bad about the commercial is its size....if I had it to do over again I would prob get the Commander...most properties I dump 4 or less times so the smaller size would only add 1 maybe 2 more dumpings for the properties and it would make getting around alot easier and also easier on the mower too

wayne

fastcat
01-10-2008, 01:27 PM
when u say u dump 4 or les times what size properties and how thick are the leaves

grass_cuttin_fool
01-10-2008, 03:44 PM
when u say u dump 4 or les times what size properties and how thick are the leaves

Thats a hard question, some properties are large with a few tree s and some are small with alot of tree's not to mention different tree's with varried times of leaf drop. 415 gallons of packed mulched leaves are alot !!!!

I try to get to each property every other week or 4 visits during leaf season...just works out better for the machine and the turf

wayne

johnsonslawnmanagement
01-14-2008, 01:36 PM
i use walker mowers. great for smaller yards and cant be beat for leaf cleanups. most leaves are picked up in one pass unless they are really wet

Landrus2
01-14-2008, 01:49 PM
This guy will pick them up even wet:hammerhead:

Stillwater
01-14-2008, 02:00 PM
What are you doing to get up leaves. I am using a blower and bags or a tarp or my mower. There has to be a better way. I have a two acre account with a lot of trees and it is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I got to say is Time is money............