PDA

View Full Version : AK2400 spray sytem

grassman21
01-10-2008, 10:50 PM
I am looking into buying the AK2400 spray system from asphalt direct, i like the size and how compact it is for my trailer, has anyone used this system and could offer some feedback good or bad? also in the market for a push melter anyone have any suggestions or possible used melter for sale?

thanks

grassman21
01-18-2008, 10:48 AM
seems like everyone downs this system in a way, but no one really has any input to it?

sealcoater57
01-22-2008, 12:46 AM
Grassman, Asphalt Sealcoating Direct also sells 10 gallon melter applicators as well for around $850.00 :cool2:

grassman21
01-23-2008, 10:56 AM
yes i saw that and it seems like a good deal, especially if i were to make the trip up there to pick up the sprayer it would be worth the trip. just still questioning the quality of the sprayer because of what i had read and the lack of input to this post and those previous concerning the ak2400 thanks though

grassman21
01-23-2008, 10:58 AM
anything to watch out for with a melter applicator? anything that differs between models that will change the pricing of these melters?

sealcoater57
01-23-2008, 12:07 PM
The main thing to understand if your considering purchasing a transfer pump system is understanding it's limitations. (Pressure, sand capability, agitation ability) just to name a few.

These systems have been around for many years and many a sealcoater, both full time and part time have made good money with them.

They get bad mouthed quite a lot but the truth is that there are many of them in service and doing fine.

They are great start-up systems, with small investment and will do the job, they do however have issues sometimes with clogged tips because strainers are not normally used. If a strainers is used, it needs to be cleaned often so you don't limit your pump suction pressure, these style of pumps get very hot when they become restricted.

The other thing I would mention is to always keep the recirculation valve partially open during use. This helps the pump and seal last much longer.

We have used systems like these and just understanding it's ability and not buying it for doing something it was not designed for is the most important thing to remember. Try and purchase a system that has an all metal housing and impeller and is repairable. Seems like they last much longer Good Luck!

mowing grass 1111
01-26-2008, 08:42 AM
WELL maybe if you posted a link to the sprayer you might get a little bit more feedback

sealcoater57
01-26-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm not endorsing any particular unit, just the design. He was referring to a system he was considering purchasing.

nitro121
02-02-2008, 05:47 PM
finally someone who has used one chimed in. I am thinking of one of these units for a start-up system. I went on a pavement site and everyone bashed them....but I got private messages from about 3 guys who said they use or used them and they work. They just wouldn't post it because everyone would jump down their throat.

One guy said he just has to replace his pump once a season...but that's under 500 bucks so it pays for itself. Another guy gave me a link and told me what tip to use.....a soap tip from a pressure washer....said it works great. I'll have to remember a strainer if I jump in to this service.

Gary

sealcoater57
02-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Glad to help you :)

SealCoatPlus
07-25-2008, 05:36 PM
i got my start in sealcoating withis unit and i have to say i loved
it made it for my first season with out one issue and i did at least 200 driveways
i do have it and i am selling it only because i did upgrade to sealmaster 300 gal unit
i would say if you are just getting into the biz or you are adding this as a service and are not going to be doing this full time go for it you cant beat the price
hope that helps
also be carful with sand loads in this unit
you need to add samd but you can not go heavy!!!