PDA

View Full Version : 2008 F350SD Problems....

thepawnshop
01-10-2008, 11:08 PM
I bought my first Ford....a BEAUTIFUL F350 Lariat LOADED. I drove it for two days with a distinct "ticking" noise (I sincerely thought it was normal with the new twin turbo engine). On a hunch that the sound wasnt quite right I went back to the dealer and test drove another truck and it had no ticking so I left my new baby at the service department for troubleshooting.

Well, it's 4 days later, the heads are off my truck and I am stuck in a loaner Crown Victoria. The dealership said that they are waiting for the International rep to come in (it's an International engine) as they have no idea what teh issue is, but other than that, I'm in the dark.

I only have 500 miles on the truck and have only been in posession of it for less than one week (I picked the truck up on Wednesday and called them on Friday to let them know I was going to bring it in on Monday, which I did).

I know the "Lemon Law" does not apply (yet), but do any of you guys have any advice for me?

Thanks!

Southern Signature
01-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Is it a diesel?

thepawnshop
01-10-2008, 11:13 PM
Yes....the new 6.4L twin turbo. Of course the dealership claims they have never seen this before and I have no reason to doubt them. They seem hesitant to do anything without first consulting with the International reps.

NBI Lawn
01-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Is it a diesel?

Nope, its the new regular unleaded twin turbo International V8:hammerhead:

I think it is obvious that is is a blem. I would tell the dealer to give you a new truck after all you only had it 2 days and the problem existed from day one. I would be pissed, brand new truck and its already ripped apart :cry:. I guess thats what $50,000 gets you now a days.

Lemon Law is a joke, in Minnesota anyway. 07' Duramax has just stopped running while I am driving 6 times now. Pulls like 20+ error codes but the dealer cant seem to find anything wrong with it. They just clear the codes and wait for the truck to come back in. It breaks every 1,000 miles.

thepawnshop
01-10-2008, 11:27 PM
The Lemon Law in Virginia is pretty clear....but to qualify the vehicle has to either be in the shop 30 days or 3 times for the same problem. I have a feeling that this baby will leak some type of fluid after being torn apart....

I am gonna give them the benefit of doubt for a few more days yet, though I know to get a dealer to put you in a new vehicle is harder than gettin Al Quaida to talk...

I always buy new to try to avoid this kinda Sh%T....no such luck this time!

Lynden-Jeff
01-10-2008, 11:38 PM
Buying new is one thing, but I personally would never buy first gen of a new vehical, to much new technology. Anyways try http://www.superdutydiesel.com, lots of stuff on there about the 6.4.

Cheers
Jeff

NBI Lawn
01-10-2008, 11:44 PM
I am gonna give them the benefit of doubt for a few more days yet, though I know to get a dealer to put you in a new vehicle is harder than gettin Al Quaida to talk...

:laugh::laugh::laugh: very true

So they ripped it apart without a clue what was going on with it :confused:? I would hope they will just drop a new motor in.

J&R Landscaping
01-11-2008, 09:11 AM
You might try www.fordtrucks.com/forums Thats a pretty good site as well! If it were me, I'd be talking to the dealer about getting me into another truck!

TXNSLighting
01-11-2008, 10:10 AM
I have not heard anything about a knock with the 6.4's. i heard about it on th 6.0 tho...ended up bein an injection issue. i would wait and see what they say. but! only 5 days in....i think id be doin everything i could to talk to the owner of the dealership. i dont think i would leave there without getting a new truck. dam these new emmision friendly engines!! their all junk!

DoetschOutdoor
01-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Dang $50k + and you only get to enjoy it for a few days...?? It would be very hard for me not to raise hell after going back in there. Hopefully its somthing simple and you get your new baby back. Good luck and keep us informed por favor

lyube
01-11-2008, 05:08 PM
None of my friend's 6.4 PSDs 'ticked'....

You just dropped 40k on a new truck and only have had it for 2-3 days and it already has problems?

:dizzy:

Messed up.

kandklandscape
01-11-2008, 07:14 PM
this is why i will never buy a bran spanking new truck or anything new. you always have prob no matter new or used. i would ask for a new truck

mag360
01-11-2008, 08:02 PM
A lot of folks are chasing down a knocking/ticking noise that comes from the rear of the motor or front of the trans. GM had it on the duramax in the same area and said it had something to do with the high oil pressure (60 psi or so) and supposedly dropped it back down to normal range on the newer motors (around 40 psi). Many dodges (my '03 included) tick but I believe it's a combination of the pump and injectors.

Good luck with it.

jrc lawncare
01-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Kinda sad, really. My 2004 f-350 super-duty with 29;000 miles has had one o2 sensor replaced, plus, all the front ball joints replaced already, luckily under warranty. To put it in perspective, I also have a 1994 1/2 ton 4x4 with original ball joints still on it. WTF!!!:hammerhead::hammerhead:

SpruceLandscape
01-11-2008, 08:34 PM
I 5th or 6th telling them to shove that truck and get you another one off of the lot somewhere!!! If after 2 days they have the engine torn apart... Chances are good you will be back with it even if they do fix this problem because some jackass was in a hurry to go on his lunch when they put it back together and then you have a slew of new problems!
I also agree with not buying a first year model of anything, especially these days for the same reasons stated above. Unfortunately, if you want a new diesel, you're stuck in that rut for ALL the '08 model trucks out there because of emissions.
Seriously... Take the manager or better yet, find the owner of the dealership if he is around and lead him back there to look at your torn down 2 day old purchase!!! Then tell him you would like a different comparable truck off the lot, or that you would like to take your business elsewhere to someone that will stand behind their customers! Make sure you mention that you are losing money driving a crown vic instead of the truck you purchased!

DoetschOutdoor
01-11-2008, 08:58 PM
I was suprised no one commented sooner on you having to drive a crown vic...not the worst of cars you could be driving but thats kinda a downgrade from what you just bought.

BrandonV
01-11-2008, 10:17 PM
i love me some crown vic, I'll bet that sucker might pull as good as most mow and blow guy's pickups around here

thepawnshop
01-12-2008, 12:26 AM
OK....here is where we are at....

I drove up there today to get some things out of my truck.....the cab is up in the air and the engine is torn apart and one of the heads is on a work bench. They did find teh cause of the ticking and were kind enough to show it to me. Here is what they showed/explained to me:

One of the pistons is coming up 1/500ths of an inch higher than the others causing it to hit the head. This is obvious becuase where teh piston is hitting the head is shiny whereas where the other pistons are missing is matte black. Now they plan to switch a different piston to that spot and see if the problem was with the machining of the piston or if the crankshaft is out of whack by 1/500th of an inch. They wont be doing that until next week, though.

I am a realist....I dont think this thing can go back together as well as when it came from the factory...I mean parts are EVERYWHERE in that shop, so yes I am going to fight for a new truck, though I am going to have to deal with Ford direct. The dealer is doing what they are supposed to...fixing the problem. The only way I would be willing to keep this truck is if they brought in a crate (new) motor AND gave me extended warranty. I can't beat up on the dealer....I think they are doing a great job, but there is no way this is going to end well...I'm sure someones feelings are gonna get hurt and I seriously doubt they will be mine.

thepawnshop
01-12-2008, 12:27 AM
I still have my 2004 3500 LT to get around in for now, which is the main reason I havent totally lost my cool, btw.

vadeere
01-12-2008, 01:50 AM
Still, I would be kind of pissed that Im making truck payments and driving a Crown Victoria. Yea I know the payments start in two months but its the whole principle. When my Chevy went into the shop I called my salesman and asked what he could do. He said come pick one up and bring it back when yours is done. The loaner was a new truck just like mine maybe a hair nicer. Make these guys work for you, you have already paid them. Trust me they will want to keep you happy. Which dealer btw? I spend a fair amount of time between SML and Blacksburg.

Edit: Sounds like another nail in Ford's ever tightening coffin in this market. Yea I know they all have their problems, but dang. I have no real favorite truck, I just like when a truck is dependable and serves my needs. I have two cummins and one duramax, they all have good and bad points, but such is life. Hope it ends well for you.

thepawnshop
01-12-2008, 09:57 AM
Which dealer btw? I spend a fair amount of time between SML and Blacksburg.

Shelor Motor Mile

SpruceLandscape
01-12-2008, 02:07 PM
So... what now?? They are going to put a new piston on, then put it all back together, then see what happens??? what if its the rod? what if its the crank? What if its a needle in the haystack?
I think thats crap! I agree they should put a new crate engine in and ship this one back to navistar and let THEM try to figure out what it is instead of making you hope that the first fix is the last fix. There is no reason that you or FORD should have to eat navistar's lack of quality control. Just my .02

lawnspecialties
01-13-2008, 01:15 PM
The Lemon Law in Virginia is pretty clear....but to qualify the vehicle has to either be in the shop 30 days or 3 times for the same problem.

Who knows? Maybe if they continue to drag on this, you might just hit the 30 days. I wouldn't say a thing and just keep counting down the days.:)

meador56
01-14-2008, 12:13 AM
This is my luck with Ford. In my area GM would set a crate motor in and do it in few days. This is fine not every new tool is perfect. Ford always wants to rebuild and it always takes way more time than a swap out. Common sense would suggest that a factory crate motor would also be less expensive for the manufacturer rather than buying dealers labor. Not to mention dealer has little or no experience with a brand new just released motor. Ford has been like this for years and it is one reason my money goes to the compitition.

supercuts
01-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Buying new is one thing, but I personally would never buy first gen of a new vehical, to much new technology. Anyways try http://www.superdutydiesel.com, lots of stuff on there about the 6.4.

Cheers
Jeff

i try this site and this is what i get:

, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

i just signed up just to read the thread, you have to sign up to read??? and this is the crap i get. same thing with plowsite.com. i cant even read them. what i am doing wrong.

by the way, my 08 has been making turbo noises. i agree a crate motor should go in your truck so your engine can be torn down by engineers at International to rectify the problem so it doenst happen again, unless they have delt with it a few times already and know what it is. REASSURING!!!

Randy Scott
01-14-2008, 03:36 PM
So everyone doubting the ability of the mechanic (a skilled trade, just like landscapers) have been the judge and jury that they won't do things right. I wonder how you guys would feel if all your customers thought that about you when something doesn't go right on a job, or you did something wrong, or forgot to do something. I'm assuming that most of you aren't perfect, and this has happened. Maybe the first glitch in a patio job and your customer should tell you to leave the job site and they will get someone else to do it right. Something to think about gentlemen!

Believe me, I would be pissed as well. I've had new equipment that needed work. As well as wondering if this thing will give you problems in the future, it's also like you have an additional free pass for the future with the history of the truck. You do some major motor work now, I would have to say you have some leverage when that truck is out of warranty and there is a related problem.

NLS1
01-14-2008, 03:53 PM
So everyone doubting the ability of the mechanic (a skilled trade, just like landscapers) have been the judge and jury that they won't do things right. I wonder how you guys would feel if all your customers thought that about you when something doesn't go right on a job, or you did something wrong, or forgot to do something. I'm assuming that most of you aren't perfect, and this has happened. Maybe the first glitch in a patio job and your customer should tell you to leave the job site and they will get someone else to do it right. Something to think about gentlemen!

Believe me, I would be pissed as well. I've had new equipment that needed work. As well as wondering if this thing will give you problems in the future, it's also like you have an additional free pass for the future with the history of the truck. You do some major motor work now, I would have to say you have some leverage when that truck is out of warranty and there is a related problem.

Very wisely said. I agree that it sucks and they should just put a new crate motor in, but it is a good reminder to look at things from the other perspective.

meador56
01-15-2008, 08:35 AM
No I'm not doubting the ability of the mechanic but when I make a capital purchase it's because I need this equipment now. If Ford wants to monkey around they should put me back in service asap and show me that appreciate my business and then they can play with the defective parts. Think about the dealership why should they tie up space for weeks when the problem can be solved in days. I've had an engine rebuilt by my local Ford dealer under warranty and it went on to perform flawlessly BUT if I spend 5K or 150K I am looking for my purchase to begin to pay for itself now.

TXNSLighting
01-15-2008, 10:31 AM
this is the very reason im excited they are building an in house diesel. Gm bought the duramax engine from isuzu, so its now an inhouse engine. therefore they dont have to wait for all the ok's from isuzu when an engine needs replaced like ford has to do with navistar. its a win win. the main reason it takes so long to say.. get a new engine is because.... a rep from navistar has to come down, inspect the old engine, hook it to his little computer and determin all the causing factors. make sure a chip didnt cause it, or it was so over loaded blah blah blah. then go back to navistar and tell all his buddys heres this and that, and yes will warranty or no sorry! its not fords fault at all. and they know that, thats why we're goin to see a diesel in the 2010 superduty that says built by ford on the valve covers!

SpruceLandscape
01-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Well... whatever the happens I hope this was just a flook. I don't own ford trucks anymore, but I do own stock and would like to see it come back in the next 3-5 years.

thepawnshop
01-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Here is a copy of the reply I made on the "Superduty" forum regarding the latest scoop on my truck:

OK...here is the latest.....

They have decided that the problem is one of the connecting rods (the piece that connects the piston to the crank shaft) is out by 1/500ths of an inch. They are putting the engine back together and they think I will have my truck back tommorrow, which I sincerely doubt, but we shall see.

Of course they said that they (the dealership) nor Ford direct has EVER heard of this problem, so I guess they haven't been to this message board, but supposedly there were two Ford Engineers and one International engineer here both yesterday and today working on my truck

I guess my main concern will be the truck never being "quite right" after being dissassembled and rebuilt, though time will tell. I called Ford direct and told them my concerns and as politely as they could they basically told me they were gonna fix it, which was their obligation and that was/is basically all they are going to do. That said, if I hear a squeak or rattle, my truck will be right back in the shop! My contention was that this was not about warranty work, but the fact that they sold me a defective vehicle.

I will let you guys know how this plays out!

Nelawnguy
01-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Just leave there go to the Chevy or Gm Dealer. Ford customer service is a joke and you will fight it till you get rid of it.

thepawnshop
01-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Just leave there go to the Chevy or Gm Dealer. Ford customer service is a joke and you will fight it till you get rid of it.

Sounds good in theory, but I think it's a good looking truck, and spec wise, it's better than the Chevy (All I have owned up to this point are Chevy's...and they are AWESOME!) so I am going to give them the benefit of doubt for now.

Man, I don't want to get into a "what brand of trucks is better" debate....heck they all make pretty good trucks....I just got one with a bad engine!

NBI Lawn
01-17-2008, 10:30 PM
Sounds good in theory, but I think it's a good looking truck, and spec wise, it's better than the Chevy (All I have owned up to this point are Chevy's...and they are AWESOME!) so I am going to give them the benefit of doubt for now.

Man, I don't want to get into a "what brand of trucks is better" debate....heck they all make pretty good trucks....I just got one with a bad engine!

Hey, you're off to a great start with it. 2 days and the body and engine are out of it already.

Hope you get it back in A+ condition and they hook you up huge. Get a years worth of oil changes or something.

TXNSLighting
01-18-2008, 10:01 AM
It will be fine, Most techs no what they are doin. especially an international engineer. what job truck is it? 1 or 2?

supercuts
01-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Here is a copy of the reply I made on the "Superduty" forum regarding the latest scoop on my truck:

OK...here is the latest.....

They are putting the engine back together and they think I will have my truck back tommorrow, which I sincerely doubt, but we shall see.

did you get it back, what happened????

Toy2
01-18-2008, 07:44 PM
You should have got a Toyota.....Tundra....bummer....FixOrRepairDaily...

RedWingsDet
01-18-2008, 11:19 PM
No matter what you buy, GM, Ford, or Chrysler.... They all break, its just a matter of time, but in your case, there is no excuse for this.

Your too nice.

I would have Made/Demanded the dealer give me a new truck after the 3rd day in the shop.

BTW: Dont get buy any JAP Crap. You live in the usa, so support your damn country (reguardless if toy has plants in the usa, the profits still go overseas). But thats an entire different thread on its own.

So like I said, you should have a brand new truck by now, quit being nice about it, business is business and you deserve a new truck.

That Crown Vic should have been totaled by now from driving it straight into the dealership Sign. (just kidding).

thepawnshop
01-19-2008, 12:36 AM
Redwings, you are a trip!

The dealer called this evening and they said they have about 4 more hours of rebuilding then a bit of time testing. Their goal is to be finished Monday.

As for being too nice, I can demand all I want and raise a lot of hell, but honestly all that is gonna do is raise my blood pressure and cause a lot of misplaced hard feelings. Yes, the dealer sold the truck, and yes it did seem to have some problems from the assembly line, but in the end as long as I have the best vehicle for my money then I am happy. Grnated, I still have my 04 Chevy 3500 to drive around in....had I been in the Crown Vic the whole time I might have a different demeaner.

I'll let you guys know how it turns out when I pick it up Tuesday morning (if its ready). If it isnt right, it will stay there till it is or I drive off with another vehicle, but I gott agive em a chance to fix it.

dirtybiz
01-20-2008, 09:27 PM
Keep us posted as, I am looking at possibly getting one in the spring. Can't quite make up my mind what i am gonna get yet. I will say i bought an 03 F-350 earlier this week for a new work truck and it reminded me what a great truck they build.

Capemay Eagle
01-20-2008, 09:33 PM

The dealer called this evening and they said they have about 4 more hours of rebuilding then a bit of time testing. Their goal is to be finished Monday.

As for being too nice, I can demand all I want and raise a lot of hell, but honestly all that is gonna do is raise my blood pressure and cause a lot of misplaced hard feelings. Yes, the dealer sold the truck, and yes it did seem to have some problems from the assembly line, but in the end as long as I have the best vehicle for my money then I am happy. Grnated, I still have my 04 Chevy 3500 to drive around in....had I been in the Crown Vic the whole time I might have a different demeaner.

I'll let you guys know how it turns out when I pick it up Tuesday morning (if its ready). If it isnt right, it will stay there till it is or I drive off with another vehicle, but I gott agive em a chance to fix it.
I am sure this engine will be better now. It is rebuilt..This is not a Ford problem, this is a International engine problem. I think you will be fine.

Jimbo046
01-20-2008, 10:53 PM
Well........you will never have the best truck for your money if you buy any american truck. I have a friend with maybe 10 fords it is all he will buy and I know at least 3 of them have had the heads off, injectors replaced, new fuel pumps you name it.........the americans think you need 300+ hp engines in a truck that can legally haul 2000 to at most 10,000 and if it is 10,000 that is a 550 and that will weight 10,000 unloaded? to haul 19500 gvwr you need 300+ hp at what 3800 rpms? that is not what diesels are built and designed for. you could get a mack that made 300 hp @ 1800 rpm and hook what ever you wanted to it and it would pull it........until you break something because you won't stop the engine. (I know the mack has 1600-1800 ft lbs of torque not 600 but those engines don't have to work hard in a mack, they are built so strong to withstand so much torque that they create that it is effertless for them to work day in day out with no problems.) but ford thinks (I know it is an international engine I have a 466) you need 300+ hp because it looks better on paper than the dodge or chevy. american manufactures are reuning the chances of diesels becoming a big thing here because we don't want diesels to be diesels, we are americans we want diesels to be what ever the hell we want them to be. Diesels are slow turning high compression engines I never saw a diesel I liked that turned more than 3000 rpms.....first of all diesels should not be v8's period. To many more parts GM twisted Isuzus arm to make a v8 diesel, you think 1 isuzu in Japan has a v8? Gm set diesel 20 years back in the 70's when they took a 350 and made diesel heads for it you think it worked? no, they had cars on dealer lots that didn't start! LOL Please do your research don't listen to your buddy or any dealer, american trucks are junk. The last one I had was a dodge cummins great motor over 1 million being used today never had a problem but truck fell apart around it. I have mostly Japanese cabovers now I know i've been lucky but never had any engine problems and most I bought used.......by the way the 466 I have I rebuilt a year ago 52,000 miles on it. Very easy to rebuild and the rebuild kit was less than 2000 dollars but come on 5 year old truck 52K? I'll see what you guys have to say :)

Jimbo046
01-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Well........you will never have the best truck for your money if you buy any american truck. I have a friend with maybe 10 fords it is all he will buy and I know at least 3 of them have had the heads off, injectors replaced, new fuel pumps you name it.........the americans think you need 300+ hp engines in a truck that can legally haul 2000 to at most 10,000 and if it is 10,000 that is a 550 and that will weight 10,000 unloaded? to haul 19500 gvwr you need 300+ hp at what 3800 rpms? that is not what diesels are built and designed for. you could get a mack that made 300 hp @ 1800 rpm and hook what ever you wanted to it and it would pull it........until you break something because you won't stop the engine. (I know the mack has 1600-1800 ft lbs of torque not 600 but those engines don't have to work hard in a mack, they are built so strong to withstand so much torque that they create that it is effertless for them to work day in day out with no problems.) but ford thinks (I know it is an international engine I have a 466) you need 300+ hp because it looks better on paper than the dodge or chevy. american manufactures are reuning the chances of diesels becoming a big thing here because we don't want diesels to be diesels, we are americans we want diesels to be what ever the hell we want them to be. Diesels are slow turning high compression engines I never saw a diesel I liked that turned more than 3000 rpms.....first of all diesels should not be v8's period. To many more parts GM twisted Isuzus arm to make a v8 diesel, you think 1 isuzu in Japan has a v8? Gm set diesel 20 years back in the 70's when they took a 350 and made diesel heads for it you think it worked? no, they had cars on dealer lots that didn't start! LOL Please do your research don't listen to your buddy or any dealer, american trucks are junk. The last one I had was a dodge cummins great motor over 1 million being used today never had a problem but truck fell apart around it. I have mostly Japanese cabovers now I know i've been lucky but never had any engine problems and most I bought used.......by the way the 466 I have I rebuilt a year ago 52,000 miles on it. Very easy to rebuild and the rebuild kit was less than 2000 dollars but come on 5 year old truck 52K? I'll see what you guys have to say :)

GravelyGuy
01-20-2008, 11:08 PM
That was the wrong thing to say around here Jimbo...

Marek
01-21-2008, 09:15 AM
All trucks have problems! You need to just pick your posion. How much are parts going to cost you for your cab overs? What trucks are you running and what are you doing with them?

Jimbo046
01-21-2008, 10:46 PM
Parts for cabovers are expensive.......but labor today is crazy international wanted 91.00 an hour for that rebuild. If you don't need parts that saves you a ton of money down time is a killer too. I Have a landscape co Mostly install and hardscape the cab over get used hard. My favorite has to be our UD 1800's great truck lots of power 210 hp 500 foot lb of torque very simple engines with a 6 spd trans I have grossed it out at 29,000 -30,000 with a trailer....I'm not proud of that but sometimes you just got too get it done. The truck has air over hydraulic brakes drums all the way around. Drums have so much more surface area great stopping power. 17.5 tires low bed height, straight ladder frame I put most bodies on myself very easy to do. A brake job would be at least 800-1000 just for shoes but our 1997 has 136,000 miles on the original shoes. Dodge would have had at least 5 pair of front pads maybe 2 rear sets of shoes, only had dodge gvw with trailer to 18000 so the ud in my mind is cheaper for brakes. If you don't have 1000 dollars when you need brakes that could be a problem I guess.

KTM
01-21-2008, 11:19 PM
I don't like the current crop of diesel's either, there awsome trucks but I think there to high strung and to complicated, that is why the first generation Dodge Cummins are so great, 12 valve tuned down motor, NP205 transfer case, Dana axles, leaf springs all around, great MPG, could tow 12,000 lbs. sure they rode like crap and some Dodge parts on them were crappy, but there is areason there in demand nowdays. I still wish they made them like those trucks.

LoneWolfLandscapes
01-22-2008, 12:09 AM

Man, Im sorry too hear you situation. I have an 08' Lariat that I have had for 3 1/2 months now. It has had its problems too. Shorted body harness (no parking lights), bad prgramming (crop dusted a town while in regen), and finally a blown radiator. ALL in just under 4k miles. Everytime I get It back I have no squeaks, no rattles (minus the one in the passenger door that came with it new) and it runs right. I had a 6.0 that toasted the head gaskets and required a cab off and it was perfect when I got it back.... well for the 11 days I had it before a toyota turned it into a boomrang... ;) ...IE now I have an 08! Hang in there man....

TXNSLighting
01-22-2008, 09:59 AM
all the new engines are having their polems. there was an 08 d-max at the pump yesterday so i asked him how he liked it. he said i like but its already had a new engine put in...good gosh! something happened with the emmisions programming and just fried the injectors somehow. but yeh 7,000 miles and hes on engine #2. heard lotsa bad about the new cummins. i so wish they could all go back to the early cummins, and 7.3 powerstrokes! the world would be great!