PDA

View Full Version : Any parks supervisors/superintendents here?

lawncare18
01-11-2008, 12:25 AM
Any of you guys deal directly with public parks??

AUHort1990
01-11-2008, 09:23 AM
We have a couple of areas that could be called small parks but I would call them plaza's. Both have some turf (not very much) and landscaping. One has a fountain, reflecting pool and waterfall. People go there to eat lunch or walk around. No playground equipement or anything like that.

srabbitt
01-30-2008, 05:38 PM
I am the parks director for a county/city in south east Montana. We are starting from scratch as there are no policy and procedures, comprehensive plan, or specific ordinances pertaining to the parks in place. The parks board is made up of the mayor, one city council member, one county commisioner, and one person from the comunity as well as myself.
I am the first fulltime permanant parks director that they have hired. The past director's were part time seasonal employee's.
I am looking for some guidance as to what we need to do? I have sent out a survey to every household in the county to see where the parks sit in the taxpayers eye regarding why and how often they visit the parks, rating the facility,needed improvements etc.
I have been doing alot of research on this great web site and others to find the next steps but wondering if you guys might have some better leads for me.

New Bern Bear
01-31-2008, 11:07 AM
I am a Parks Superintendent and meet with our "customers" in one form or another every day ... How can I help.