PDA

View Full Version : SK815 Komatsu skid steer hydraulic oil equivalent

darinray
01-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Hey All, i was doing a search trying to find this topic but came up empty. I just picked this machine up and am trying to find a equivalent hydraulic oil for it. Komatsu dealer is close Saturdays so figured I woudl see what happens here. I don't have the owners operators manual so I'm in the dark. I normally use Napa Universal tractor implement and transmission oil (white and green pal) for Komatsu hydraulics and tranny's but need to be sure this will work in the skid steer. SK815-5 Talk soon.

Darin

ksss
01-12-2008, 02:25 PM
A lot of the machines are using 10-30 motor oil for hyd. fluid. My 440 is like that. My 465 takes Hytran (I think). Without a book your kinda stuck. Usually all dealers have an emergency contact number. I would see if you can find an after hours contact number. It should be an easy question for the right person to answer.

Fieldman12
01-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Most skid steers anymore take motor oil for the hydraulics, chain case and engine. I use Rotella T 15W-40 in mine for everything.

darinray
01-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Thanks guys, Yeah I seen that it takes multi-viscosity oil so that would make sense either a 15W-40 or ? I would think 15W 40 because of the engine. I won't do anything until I confirm it though. :) Thanks again
Darin

SiteSolutions
01-12-2008, 03:41 PM
My Bobcat manual said I could use SAE 30 weight (not 10w30) for hydraulic oil if I couldn't find the OEM hydraulic fluid. I did that on my first machine when I blew a hose on a Saturday, and it didn't seem to cause any problems.

I don't know about multi viscosity oils? Might make it easier on the hydraulics when it is cold or might not be well tolerated?