PDA

View Full Version : Carry on trimmer racks?

deere615
01-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Does anyone use the trimmer racks made by Carry on? Are they different than other ones? Are they easy to take trimmers on and off and do they hold the trimmers well? I need to buy a set. Thanks

Lawn Enforcer
01-13-2008, 11:14 PM
I have a set, and I would say spend the extra $ and get some good racks, like from Greentouch or something. I have done so much work to mine to get them to not spin the trimmers around, not wreck the handles, etc.

Hogjaw
01-14-2008, 12:09 AM
Jungle Jim maybe!

grass_cuttin_fool
01-14-2008, 04:51 AM
http://www.precoparts.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=150

Thats what I have and have used for 3 years or so now....well pleased and economical also

wayne

1999frontier
01-14-2008, 08:12 AM
I've got the carry on's as well and I would spend the extra money to get some better ones. They don't hold the trimmers in the right position unless you use bungie cords.

J&R Landscaping
01-14-2008, 01:07 PM
I have the basic green touch racks. I didn't know carry on made racks.

NBI Lawn
01-14-2008, 02:23 PM
I use these http://trimmertrap.com/site/trimmer-and-blower-racks/mr-1-multi-use-trimmer-clamp.html , they dont let the trimmer flip upside down like most the other. Easy to get out, just flip the clamp.

kjslawn
01-14-2008, 07:25 PM
http://www.precoparts.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=150

Thats what I have and have used for 3 years or so now....well pleased and economical also

wayne

These look the best for the money hlaf of what trimmer trap wants. Lokks the same

kjslawn
01-14-2008, 07:26 PM
As you can see Im the words best speller and typer. lol

deere615
01-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Ok, Thats what I was wondering I didn't think they held the trimmers well. I like those Preco ones. But do you have to lock them with a pad lock or is that just an option?

grass_cuttin_fool
01-14-2008, 08:53 PM
You will need a snap latch or padlock.....what I did was to attach a snap (dog leash end lol) with wire to the trimmer rack and I use that on the route, and if Im a ruff place or out of sight of the truck I use the padlock then....too much trouble to keep up with keys all day on the route

wayne

deere615
01-14-2008, 09:28 PM
You will need a snap latch or padlock.....what I did was to attach a snap (dog leash end lol) with wire to the trimmer rack and I use that on the route, and if Im a ruff place or out of sight of the truck I use the padlock then....too much trouble to keep up with keys all day on the route

wayne

Ya I didn't want to have to deal with pad locks, That is a good Idea though I will probably do that. Thanks!

grass_cuttin_fool
01-14-2008, 09:38 PM
IF you get a preco rack you will have to have something....the way it is designed.....if you put a trimmer in it and dont latch it....soon as you take your hand off it then it opens and the trimmer falls out which is great....that way you cant drive off and forget and loose the trimmer on the highway

wayne

shovelracer
01-15-2008, 01:42 PM
http://trimmertrap.com/site/open-trailer/tt-2-trimmer-rack.html

These are what we use. They are the best I have seen. Easy to operate and dont beat up the trimmers too bad. But all trimmer handles arent created equal. They work best with a solid integrated trigger assembly rather than a flimsy lever trigger that can snap off.

corey4671
01-15-2008, 01:48 PM
deere..I have padlocks on my racks, however I don't always lock them. I just put them through the hole. If I know I'll be in a rough neighborhood or away from the truck, I'll latch them. Have all my locks keyed the same so one key fits all three. Keep my keys on one of those snap rings on my belt loop. easy to keep up with.

mowin4$
01-15-2008, 05:55 PM
i use gridiron.by far the best built racks i have seen/used. they are aluminum and will not rust/corrode. someone sells them on ebay under gridiron far cheaper than my local lawn place.they have options for other equipment to be mounted on the same posts.

ProTouch Groundscapes
01-15-2008, 07:54 PM
i use gridiron as well and can testify to being well built though expensive. I have 2x5' poles, 3 trimmer holders, blower holder, locking kit. i made a quick attach system for it since we also use our trailer to haul our quads and we put them in laterally.

deere615
01-15-2008, 08:22 PM
deere..I have padlocks on my racks, however I don't always lock them. I just put them through the hole. If I know I'll be in a rough neighborhood or away from the truck, I'll latch them. Have all my locks keyed the same so one key fits all three. Keep my keys on one of those snap rings on my belt loop. easy to keep up with.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea either, Thats what I keep my keys on too. I like grass cuttin fools idea even though they aren't locked

lifetree
01-15-2008, 09:47 PM
I would recommend the racks by Buyer's Products Company !! This is what I have for all of my racks.

deere615
01-15-2008, 09:55 PM
I would recommend the racks by Buyer's Products Company !! This is what I have for all of my racks.

I will check them out!

Kennedy Landscaping
12-13-2008, 11:33 PM
I got some....absolutely hate them!

deere615
12-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Yeah I ended up getting the preco ones and using dog collar hooks. works great. this was before grass season even started