PDA

View Full Version : New to Seal Coating Forum

NYSealer
01-13-2008, 11:09 PM
Hello all, just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and ask a few questions.

First off, i started my seal coating business about 3 years ago in Northern Virgina. I had a friend who had done it for years and was quite profitable. I asked to assist him one saturday and within a month i had bought a truck, tank/trailer combo, and all the necessary equipment to start up my business. It was a risk, but i figured i am young enough to take a chance and give it my best effort.

The experience has had its high's and low's, there's nothing quite like sealer burn or spilling muratic acid on your legs! (I seal driveway's in shorts btw). My one downfall, if i can call it that is that my other job has and does take up the majority of my time. That is fine and all, as the seal coating job is more of a business to supplement my income.

Having said all that I have relocated for my main job and am up in NY. It is almost like i am starting over, considering i do not have any customer base, so i anticipate a lot of advertising. My main market will be the tri state area (NY,NJ,PA area). Does anyone have experience in these areas? Most importantly I am looking to find a seal coat distributor...as of yet i haven't had much luck.

Also what are the licensing requirements?

Anyway, i am excited to be here and look forward to learning and helping others as well.

Thanks, Chris