PDA

View Full Version : Products to sell at a retail landscape supply yard.

"Ground Control"
01-13-2008, 11:38 PM
Hey guys. I'm working on opening a landscape supply yard and am trying to think of all the products and materials I should sell. I thought I would check and see if anybody here had any great ideas...? Mulch, gravel, compost, topsoil, belgard pavers and block, de-icer,.......
Thanks for any help!

allinearth
01-14-2008, 08:34 AM
A few things we also do.....Concrete pots and statuary, straw, boulders and palleted stone

Birdjr
01-14-2008, 05:45 PM
some places i go to carry hand tools,fertilizers, drain pipes and connecters. Plus they carry bags of mortar and concrete mix.

mattfromNY
01-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Definately stock the 'little stuff', bags of potting soil, tree stake kits, burlap, small hand tools, etc. (those are a few of the things I couldn't find at my local yard, various times, and I needed that particular day, and had to go elsewhere to get)

quickmow
01-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Lawn sprinkler heads, drip line, swing pipe, fittings, etc. Anything that the homeowner may need to repair their sprinkler system. Especially in the spring after the snow plow guy rips their yard up!!!

John Zaprala
01-22-2008, 11:43 AM
I would think irrigation would fall into more of an irrigation company personally, but it depends on your area. I like all the ideas others have mentioned, obviously books on gardening, landscaping, specific flowers (orchids, etc.). We are no longer a retail nursery, but we also used to sell Gifts. Like country style home furnishings etc, candles. Another idea is find a relative or local customer you know and sell their pies, jams, pickles etc.

NewHorizon's Land
01-25-2008, 12:56 AM
Depends on what you want to do? If all you want is to sell bulk materials then your list is fine. If you want to be the "one stop shop" then sell everything.