PDA

View Full Version : Bamboo

grassmannj
01-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Im looking for Bamboo to plant on my property, South Jersey.
I will dig it up and pick it up.
Thanks

Jay Ray
01-16-2008, 12:06 PM
Didn't know it would grow up at that latitude. Quite a bit of it here, especially in the city of Ocean Springs. I will not plant it, cut it, or dig it out. I just avoid it totally. Spraying has no effect on it. Occasionally people want it planted and I tell them they will be sorry. Nobody wants to spend the money for a deep border all-around to keep it contained. It usually is not long before it is growing in the neighbor's yard. World's worst weed.

yardmanlee
01-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Im looking for Bamboo to plant on my property, South Jersey.
I will dig it up and pick it up.
Thanks

will ya drive to va to get it ? we just dug up about apickup full of roots that I'll be happy to give ya !!!

packey
01-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Before you plant bamboo you better do your research. some varieties will take over your yard others are not as bad.

yardmanlee
01-16-2008, 06:07 PM
soooo True just ask the man we just finished removing a lot of from his yard !!!! he thought it would be a nice privacy screen (20 yrs. ago) till it took over and he couldnt keep up w/ it.

newz7151
01-16-2008, 06:32 PM
You know, with certain types of bamboo quickly becomming more popular for furniture and flooring in an intrest to stop cutting down so many forests, it's not always going to be a bad plant. People like things that look like they're made from wood, it's strong and sturdy and while it grows, removes carbon.