PDA

View Full Version : Flat vs V nose trailers?

the cleaner
01-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Which is a better trailer, can you still put shelves in the nose? If i want a 20ft trailer's space do i have to go larger with a v nose?

retrodog
01-15-2008, 12:11 AM
After getting my v-nose, I will never go back! This thing pulls like a dream!

AtoZ
01-15-2008, 12:58 AM
V-nose's are great in that they give you more space than a conventional trailer would. I've never owned anything other than a v-nose so I can't comment if it's better than a flat front. Yes, you can put shelves or anything in the V that you would like. On my trailer I have a rear ramp door, 36" side door and a ramp door on one side of the V-nose. No, you can get a V-nose in any length you want... Here is a pic of mine. Mine tows great but is heavy when loaded, about 11,000 lbs total...

wayside
01-15-2008, 01:02 AM
v- nose just look ugly to me and it's really not that much more space.....

zz4guy
01-15-2008, 11:05 AM
V nose all the way for me. I used the V to put all my tools, supplies, oil and gas.

Otherwise you need to go to a next size bigger trailer and backing and maneuvering becomes a beotch.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
01-15-2008, 11:08 AM
I get much better MPG's pulling my 16' V-Nose loaded then I did with my old open 16' trailer. The V really cuts down on the drag and it gives you a little more room w/o taking up real cargo space.

the cleaner
01-15-2008, 11:12 AM
Thanks guy's, i am looking at a 8.5x20 express enclosed trailer. There made here locally and are build real well..

1wezil
01-15-2008, 08:31 PM
can anyone tell me i am looking at a new 8.5' x 24' enclosed trailer can you turn around with a z turn mower, as far as i can tell if my mower is 8' long from front corner to the far back wheel on the other side it should make it around just not by the wheel well.i woul like to put in 3 z turns and my golf cart, we like that for clean up and trimming after we are done mowing. i would like everthing we have in the trailer so were ever we go we have it. then i can free up my garage. any help would be great...... THANKS......

DFLS
01-15-2008, 10:15 PM
can anyone tell me i am looking at a new 8.5' x 24' enclosed trailer can you turn around with a z turn mower, as far as i can tell if my mower is 8' long from front corner to the far back wheel on the other side it should make it around just not by the wheel well.i woul like to put in 3 z turns and my golf cart, we like that for clean up and trimming after we are done mowing. i would like everthing we have in the trailer so were ever we go we have it. then i can free up my garage. any help would be great...... THANKS......

I have a 8.5 x 24 for sale brand new no tire marks inside. See it in the for sale section. Click on my avitar and see my posts for pictures.

Patatoe1
01-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Is reversing a V-nose any more difficult than a regular trailer?

DFLS
01-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Is reversing a V-nose any more difficult than a regular trailer?

I find no difference.

Luvs2Play
01-16-2008, 11:35 PM
I have a V-nose, the extra space is used for a porta-pot, workbench, fridge, and microwave. The girls just don't like going in a coffee can. There is a wall (closes off the PP) that has pegboard on one side and shelves on the other. The shelves are right by the walkin door, so it's basically wasted space anyway. With all this, lunch breaks can be taken without going to a convenient store or fast food joint. It saves about two hours a day, and gas going places to take breaks.

jessica.elder
01-20-2008, 10:25 PM
V-Nose is the way to go.So much better on all aspects...

swim
01-23-2008, 10:52 PM
I have a V-nose, the extra space is used for a porta-pot, workbench, fridge, and microwave. The girls just don't like going in a coffee can. There is a wall (closes off the PP) that has pegboard on one side and shelves on the other. The shelves are right by the walkin door, so it's basically wasted space anyway. With all this, lunch breaks can be taken without going to a convenient store or fast food joint. It saves about two hours a day, and gas going places to take breaks.

Pics please, the inside mainly, with the porta-pot, workbench, fridge, and microwave. How do you power the fridge and microwave?