PDA

View Full Version : Anyone us a DMI Ridge hitch

dhardin53
01-15-2008, 02:38 AM
I helped out a farmer this fall bring in his crops and had the opportunity to use his truck that had this DMI hitch that made looking up anhydrous tanks real easy.

I sure would like to find one use for my for Ford truck to pull my 16' trailer.

What it dose is extent out 6 or 8" and swings left and right 6 or 8 inches each way so when backing up the the trailer you don't have to be but close. Then pull 2 pins and slide out the hitch to position it under the trailer and lower it down. Once the ball is coupled just back up and the hitch unit will slide back into place and lock in place. a simple and fast way to attach the trailer.

Anyone using something like this?

UtahGrassBust
01-15-2008, 02:42 AM
I've never seen one like that, i'd like to find a website that talks about them though.

dhardin53
01-15-2008, 05:14 PM
Hers a web page showing how they work. Kind of pricey but they work great and will out last 2 or 3 trucks. I have a line on one that is on a old ford pick up and i think i can buy the hold truck for less than a new hitch.

http://rigidhitch.com/pages/pdfs/PAGE-197.pdf

mower&more1986
01-15-2008, 07:17 PM
I have one. To be honest I really dont like it because its to high up for my enclosed trailer to hook up to my truck. I will be replacing it soon with a normal chevy rear bumper and receiver hitch soon

mower&more1986
01-15-2008, 07:19 PM
I suppose if they made a 10" drop version I would like to get it