PDA

View Full Version : Trailer gates

bohiaa
01-15-2008, 03:01 PM
anyone have a problem getting there ZTR'S off the trailer...?

I purchased a trailer that I really didn't want But they made me an offer I couldn't refuse,

now it looks like I need some gate work done on it....

It looks like to me that the hinges were welded wrong,

there's a 2 to 3" gap between the open gate and the trailer, and the gate sits down a little about 1 1.5" off the trailer. leaving a bump there.

Just wondering if others use ramps on there gates ?

Raven386
01-16-2008, 02:00 AM
we have a carry-on 6X14. the deck of the mowers got stuck on the hinges. so we used our pintle hitch to make the front of the trailer higher and that seemed to solve our problem.

topsites
01-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Yeah sometimes you need to adjust the hitch but remember if the front of your trailer is higher than the rear it will like to fish tail as you're driving.

grass_cuttin_fool
01-16-2008, 09:54 AM
I have a carry on trailer also and their gates or hinges really stink the way they are put on. I cut the hinges off my trailer and reposition them and it works like a charm now. Before the hinges were on top and this put the gate a lil lower than the floor of the trailer and the deck would hang on the hinges. When I moved the hinges to the bottom it lifted the gate up slightly and made it more even from the trailer deck to the gate and no hinge to hang up on.
If you dont have a welder.... adding a 2x4 block under the back bottom of the gate may help enuff to keep from hanging the mower up

wayne