PDA

View Full Version : I need info on refurbishing a bench seat

siklid1066
01-16-2008, 10:47 AM
Are there any seat covers out there that look like a factory seat?

Jason Rose
01-16-2008, 11:23 AM
I've never dealt with this company before, just found them online. I'm actually wanting covers for my GMC Sierra (leather seats) because the drivers side is starting to crack apart on the vinal pannels where I get in/out. Looks like they have about any seat cover in any material you could imigine. Just priced some nice ones, even for my truck, and it was around $200. I'm sure a single bench seat would be less by far.

http://www.coverking.com/customseatcovers.html

I have some covers in my dodge that I bought locally (special order) They are kinda like the ones in the link above, but are pretty plain-jane. They are a tight custom fit though, they do NOT slide around on the seat like seat covers you buy at walmart. THe seats in it are vinal, and NO FUN in the hot or cold! The seat covers went on a week after I bought it! 2 years later, other than being dirty, they are still like new. I'll go out and see if I can track down the brand.

SLC, LLC
01-16-2008, 12:42 PM
I actually just took my cloth bench seat to an upholestry guy near me. He redid the entire thing, and also put vinyl back on it. $170.00 total!

I am taking him another truck this coming Friday to do the same thing with.

Getting rid of the cloth and going to vinyl - easier to keep clean!

packey
01-16-2008, 02:47 PM
My upholstery shop tlod me 200 to recover my split bench with a tough scotch gaurded fabrick that should last better than velor. Vinyl seats are a pain in the backside OUCH that hot