PDA

View Full Version : Need help with new trailer purchase.

Synergy Ground
01-16-2008, 12:52 PM
I'm looking to purchase a new enclosed cargo trailer. Just wondering what some of you thought was the perfect size. I'm leaning towards an 8.5' X 18' V-Nose. I think this will allow me room to grow in the future.
Anybody have some input on the ups & downs of this size trailer?? In my mind it just seems that a 7' wide is going to be really tight to get (2) 60" Super Z,s in. I need your thougths, I dont want to get it to small, nor do I want to be dragging a monster and regreting it. :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Todd D.

LawnPro19
01-16-2008, 03:43 PM
this is all personal preference i fit two Z's easily on a 16ft. but just as soon as oyu think you got a big enough trailer you need a bigger one, so my opinion would be get the 18ft you'll always find somthin to put in there and it gives you the space to grow!

Mimowerman
01-16-2008, 04:20 PM
this is all personal preference i fit two Z's easily on a 16ft. but just as soon as oyu think you got a big enough trailer you need a bigger one, so my opinion would be get the 18ft you'll always find somthin to put in there and it gives you the space to grow!

Awesome idea to get that extra 2 feet up from a 16 foot trailer, but if you have a 3/4 ton truck or up you may want to consider a 20' trailer instead. You'll find it only 1-300 dollers more than the 18' and it can hold a WB and two Z's with ease !!! best of luck in your purchase!!! I would reccomend pace summit trailers , designed especially for landscapers, but on the pricer side !!!

Chris

1wezil
01-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Has Any One Bought A Allpro Trailer ? Good Bad Or What ? Please Let Me Know Looking At A 8.5 X 24' ....

Synergy Ground
01-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Has Any One Bought A Allpro Trailer ? Good Bad Or What ? Please Let Me Know Looking At A 8.5 X 24' ....

They are built in Jackosnville. Friend just bought a 7 X 16 and really likes it. They are very popular down here. I see lots of them on the road. As for quality, my friends looks pretty good, but only time will tell. Reasonable prices from what i've seen.

bigw
01-16-2008, 05:05 PM

Just dont forget you have to get in and out of driveways and tight places sometimes, i think my 8x16 is going to be tight in certain places. Believe it or not that 24ft trailer is more like 27-28 with hitch and your truck is like 15-16 ft so now you are looking at 42 feet you are dealing with...thats a semi !!

1wezil
01-16-2008, 05:57 PM
We Have A Open 16' Trail Now And Way To Small The Size I Don't See To Be A Big Thing . 8 More Ft Not To Worry I Used To Have 30 Ft Goose Neck Years Ago .i Don't Have Much Trouble Backing Up Trailers To Me Bigger Ones Are Better .. Thanks

bigw
01-16-2008, 06:13 PM
We Have A Open 16' Trail Now And Way To Small The Size I Don't See To Be A Big Thing . 8 More Ft Not To Worry I Used To Have 30 Ft Goose Neck Years Ago .i Don't Have Much Trouble Backing Up Trailers To Me Bigger Ones Are Better .. Thanks

an open 16 ft and an enclosed 16 ft is like apples and oranges when it comes to manuvering around,its easy to control anything you can see over and around.