PDA

View Full Version : Quik Connect Help

SouthernLandworks
01-16-2008, 09:48 PM
I bought a new grapple for my Bobcat. I have an issue with the quik connects. I can get the female adapter on the grapple to connect to the male on the bobcat but I cant get the male adapter on the grapple to connect to the female on the bobcat. What is the proper procedure?? I've never had any trouble until now. Thanks

SiteSolutions
01-16-2008, 10:07 PM
Proper procedure: line em up, jam it in. Shouldn't be anything more to it then that.

I haven't had serious difficulty connecting a grapple to my Bobcat. I have had occasions where it was a lot of effort to disconnect. I found that throttling way back to a slow idle or shutting off the machine made all the difference in those circumstances.

SouthernLandworks
01-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the reply. Do you think cracking the line to let off some pressure will help?? I can push it in but when it gets to where its just about to snap in it just won't go any farther.

mrsops
01-16-2008, 10:30 PM
sometimes i need 2 guys to push that quik connect in there a pain. I always shut my machine off when i put them in seems alot easier and i always put the bottom quik connect first, try pushing it in as much as you can and then have another guy with a rubber mallet taping in some spots seems to work for me

RockSet N' Grade
01-16-2008, 10:56 PM
sometimes the quick-connect coupler itself goes bad. the rubber o rings inside self destruct for whatever reason. sometimes the coupler gets a nick or tit on it that causes it not to connect right. i have had both those problems and now carry a spare male and spare female connector with me to do onsite changes.

SouthernLandworks
01-16-2008, 10:58 PM
It Is brand New.

Fieldman12
01-16-2008, 11:13 PM
You should release the hydraulic pressure dont know how you do it on a Bobcat but on a Deere all you need to do is move the lever back and forth to release the pressure. Was not sure of the Bobcat setup you have. That is with the machine off on the Deere.

SouthernLandworks
01-16-2008, 11:38 PM
I let it sit for a few hours and it got a little easier. I'll try in the morning, should go right on.
Thanks for the quick reply's.

2109 Stang
01-17-2008, 12:30 AM
In my case I let the grapple seat and the heat of the sun created some pressure in the hydraulic fluid in the grapple ,that time I had to loosened one of the hose ,The other problem I had was trying to disconnect the hoses from the machine ,there was pressure in the system ,so you shut the machine off ,then turn the ignition on (not cranking the motor) then wiggle the lever to release hyd pressure and you should be set to remove the coupler.

YellowDogSVC
01-17-2008, 12:37 AM
I run a bobcat grapple daily. On occasion the couplers won't go on. Get a rag and loosen the nut that attaches the hose to the elbow on the coupler..ever so slightly. Once a drop of oil (make sure other line is not connected to machine) is confirmed, you have released pressure and it will pop on and you can quickly tighten it.
Try aux. pressure release and push your couplers in before disconnecting (if you have the new style couplers).

SouthernLandworks
01-17-2008, 12:44 AM
After I let it sit for a couple of hours it went right on.
Thanks everyone.

Ausman
01-18-2008, 03:29 AM
If you dont want this to happen again you can purchase 2 taps ball type are best, and fit them n the lines on the attachment, when you experience that problem you release the tap. You will drain off the pressure that is retained in the closed off lines. i am assuming you have a pressure release button on the prime mover, if not fit taps behind the QC's on the prime mover.