PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use a dump pro?

Drivefaster35
01-17-2008, 02:48 PM
I've been looking for some kind of a dump insert and the dump pros have really caught my eye. I like the fact that they are light weight and pretty fair in price they seem fairly strong other then the dump runs off a wench which I'm sure is pretty tough anybody have any experience with one or thoughts one one? www.dumppro.com

WILLIAMS
01-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Have used a similar unit for years, on a half ton, with a full load of dirt the rear bumper was well dragging, a 3/4 ton would work better. Depends on your work application, My unit had a flat floor which made it okay to load planks and use the truck for other jobs while leaving the dump unit in place, I noticed that the dumpro unit had a slanted floor at the rear. You decide.

Drivefaster35
01-17-2008, 06:36 PM
It would be stricktly for grass and leaves and I have a 3/4 ton truck right now but am looking to upgrade to a 1 ton dually soon.

ACA L&L
01-17-2008, 06:46 PM
I didnt see aprice there anyone know how much one of these cost compared to some of the other options out there?

SpruceLandscape
01-17-2008, 06:53 PM
I would pass on this. Here is why...
1.) Grass will pack by the end of the day. I know this because I bag everything. I have a truckcraft insert with straight sides and a flat floor and sometimes have trouble with the load sticking in the bed if its damp or wet grass. Imagine what will happen if you have a floor that is angled like that one is.
2.)Same point with leaves, except that with a regular style dump insert you have a tailgate that can support a leaf loader, whereas with this unit you can't do that.
3.) a 3500lb payload is nothing when you are talking a load of dirt or stone! You may not think you need it for anything other than mulch, leaves, or grass clippings now, but think of where your business could possibly be expanding in the next few years?
The biggest problem I see with this unit is the angled floor at the back of it. It really limits your loading/unloading potential. You won't be able to load a pallet of material because of the angle. It will make unloading wet/damp/packed material a pain, no tailgate to work off of. It shows that its removable, but honestly... are you going to build a contraption like they have just to store this thing on??? plus have the room to store that?
I didn't see how much these go for, but you can pick up a used QUALITY insert for under 2k. Just my opinion, hope it helps with your decision.

nathaniellawnwv
01-17-2008, 08:13 PM
If I was going to buy a dump insert (which I may in the future), I think I would go with the E-Z Dumper. It is about the same cost at www.northerntool.com and looks a lot better. It uses hydraulics (If you look the dump-pro uses some kind of winch system) and is made of steel, has a higher payload capacity (5,200 lbs), and has a cab protetor just like a real dump truck. It also has a tailgate like a real dump truck.

Just my 2 cents worth.

P.S. A lot of guys have had pretty good luck with the Load Handler. Read the reviews at www.northerntool.com

pclawncare
01-17-2008, 10:48 PM
I must chime in here. On monday of this week i called ez dumper the company and spoke to them about their dump inserts with the intention of buying one. They were absolutly awsome answering all my questions and then they proceeded to inform me that i could buy their dumper from northern tool exactly the same product for cheeper and also the shipping from northern tool would be half of what they could ship for because of northerns volume. So i went on line to northern and ordered it everything has been seemless and flawless. It should be here in about 2 more weeks. I did have to call ezdumper to order the tarping system because northern doesnt have it online yet and it was very simple no waiting on hold or anything.

ACA L&L
01-18-2008, 12:56 PM
let us know how it works and how easy/not it was to install.

Drivefaster35
01-18-2008, 01:54 PM
I love the truck craft's aluminum insert however I'm not so sure about spending over $5,000 for an insert.

pclawncare
01-18-2008, 02:57 PM
I will for sure lawnzilla after 7 yrs i wont be one of the only people at the site rakeing thier grass out. I can hear my back thanking me now especialy after a good 8hrs of work on a hot summer day

SpruceLandscape
01-19-2008, 01:44 AM
I love the truck craft's aluminum insert however I'm not so sure about spending over $5,000 for an insert.

I second that! For 5K you can upfit a cab and chassis and have a full size dump!

terribentti
02-13-2008, 11:41 AM
I think the dump pro works out well for landscapers, or anybody renovating, rock, dirt, manure, etc. Especially for the price. Nice piece of equipment, I put one together. Pretty EZ, and you can see all the working parts. No messy hydraulics. Works like a champ.

pclawncare
02-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Ok so i told everyone i would post after i got my insert. I got it on friday and put it in saturday. It was not hard just a little postioning and planning where to drill holes and run wires. I think total i spent about 3 1/2 to 4 hrs putting it in but it can deffinatly be done faster. Its also helped that we have an over head hoist in our barn. It went in basicly exactly how the instructions said pretty straight forward. The only little mishap i had was when i didnt realize it had a pressure relief valve and when i took it up for the first time i guess i went a little too high and hydralic fluid starting comin out lowered it just a little and no problem. Over all i like the unit i used it today i was tearing out some stuff a tub and stool and sink and some tile stuff about 2000 pounds at the dump and lifted it like there wasnt anything in it. Good quality for the price