PDA

View Full Version : Softwash or pressure wash system....

nitro121
01-17-2008, 08:05 PM
I'm looking to offering my customers house cleaning this year....cause my wife currently pays for our house to be pressure washed. I have an extra 4x6 trailer and WAS going to get a small system (2grand or less). But then today I read about "softwashing"....it seems like a good selling point and I don't think anyone does it in my area or at least I'd never seen anything about it before.

So what do you think...have you guys tried both? Could I get either system for around 2 grand? Would it just be easier to get the old reliable pressure washing system?

Thanks,
Gary

Happy Frog
01-17-2008, 08:22 PM
Contact Bob at http://www.pressuretek.com/
He will help you set up your system and he has the best chemicals in the industry.

nitro121
01-17-2008, 09:37 PM
I posted this reply once but then got kicked off the system....must be the frigging snow we got today. :cry:

I've seen that guys name and site before since researching....he must be good. But what do you think for a house/roof only cleaning system. Go w/ the soft or pressure washing system? I think the soft wash would sell itself....I don't even think anyone around my area offers it....I'm going to check the yellow pages.

v/r
Gary

Happy Frog
01-17-2008, 10:42 PM
Absolutely no pressure on shingle roofs: apply proper chemicals mix with pump (Delavan) and rinse with garden hose.
For house wash, a 4.0 gal/min is sufficient with the proper chems and nozzles.
You'll need a 50 Gal tank for the roof chemicals. House mix can be downstreamed.

nitro121
01-17-2008, 11:08 PM
I thought these guys....softwashing.com used no pressure on the houses too. Maybe they do pull out the old pressure washer and hit the house???

I think roofs would be few compared to house cleanings. Maybe I'd better start w/ the old pressure washing system first to get my feet wet. ???