PDA

View Full Version : My Rig

plow kid
10-26-2001, 01:15 AM
I just got one of those video/still cameras for my computer and guess what the first picture was, well it dont look pretty because I have the spare on the front and it is muddy but I like it and it gets the job done :D
http://members.aol.com/ncls484/smilies/truckpic.jpg

1grnlwn
10-26-2001, 01:57 AM
Kid,

Mine is a little longer , but I noticed we have the same angle on the trailer jack. Mine is only held on by 1" of weld. (winter proj)

kutnkru
10-26-2001, 01:59 AM
Is the spare on your truck or the JD.
Im confused???

BTW what happened to your gate on the trailer or do you ramp that bad boy on and off???

Kris

Scag48
10-26-2001, 03:08 AM
Ah, we don't need no ramps! LOL. Wheelie drop right off the back... hehe :cool:

HOMER
10-26-2001, 08:31 AM
At least your trailer is level.
But it might help unloading if it weren't?????????????????

CSRA Landscaping
10-26-2001, 09:40 AM
How does that beast handle? I saw one on a trailer in Aiken on Wed.

mklawnman
10-26-2001, 01:50 PM
Hey Plow Kid
Which JD is it?? Cause im probley getting a JD F710 with a snowblower and a 48deck 17hp Kaw. How well does yours cut and stripe?? The reason im getting the F710 cause my uncle is selling it and i can get it for a cheap price with only 210hrs on it. It will be greatly needed for my business considering all i have right now is a 2001 Scag Turf Tiger 52in cut, and a piece of junk F525 three wheeler that ill be selling next year. All i need now is a bigger trailer.
Wheres the ramps?? You just tilt the trailer down to the ground??
Happy Mowing
Matt (Lawnman)

plow kid
10-26-2001, 01:55 PM
http://members.aol.com/ncls484/smilies/mowerontrailer.jpg

http://members.aol.com/ncls484/smilies/movinoff.jpg

http://members.aol.com/ncls484/smilies/offtrailer.jpg
the spare is on the front of the dakota
Easy as pie to get the mower off & on,

Island Lawn
10-26-2001, 07:30 PM
That trailer is a first for me.
I'm curious as to the workins...

Easy as pie...

Lay off the pie, man! ;) j/k

awm
10-26-2001, 07:42 PM
WELL JUST SHOWS THERES ALL KINDA WAYS TO DO THINGS. IVE NEVER SEEN THAT TYPE TRAILER.I GUESS THERES A RELEASE PIN OR SOMETHING THERE SOMEWHERE. ANYWAY I LIKE IT .

BadAndy
10-26-2001, 08:05 PM
looks like you've been hittin that pie pretty hard this year

Ssouth
10-26-2001, 08:12 PM
I have a trailer that tilts like that. It's a 5' * 8'. I bought it for $150. The only reason I bought it was because everyone I know wanted to borrow my main trailers ( both 6' * 16' ). And I could also use it if I had too. So far I've never used it, but my father had great success using it on small properties where a larger one wouldn't fit in the drive (busy streets). I works like a charm for carrying a small walkbehind, 1yd of mulch, gravel, or anything else that doesn't require lots of space. There is a pin you pull and it tilts with gravity. I wish there was something similar to that for larger trailers.

mklawnman
10-26-2001, 08:13 PM
Hey havent u guys ever seen a snowmobile trailer?????
He probley pulls a pin or a pulls a lever to release the flat bed. And slowly drives off the back flipping it to the ground, its fun, used to drive a garden tractor on a old snowmobile trailer, though the trailer didnt have sides on it :eek:
His trailer is like a snowmobile trailer only built for hauling lawn mowers, four wheelers, brush etc.
Matt

stslawncare
10-26-2001, 08:18 PM
i used one of these on tuesday i think it was. it was the dealers truck and trailer when they came to get my tractor to be serviced. it was quite an experience. scared me at first but just have to get use to it. :cool: :D

Eric ELM
10-26-2001, 08:25 PM
I had one of them, it was a 5 x 10 snow mobile trailer and it worked out pretty good. It has a latch on the tongue you flip back and back the mower off.

1grnlwn
10-26-2001, 10:53 PM
I had one, it was my first. Had to back my Dixon on because not enough weight in front to make it go level.

plow kid
10-26-2001, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by BadAndy
looks like you've been hittin that pie pretty hard this year hey smart ass, they dont call me "Big Nate" for nothing

Ya know what, I have posted 3 other pictures and everytime someone makes a fat crack. I guess I just wont post pictures here anymore.

and yes it has a release pin on it like a sled trailer

1grnlwn
10-26-2001, 11:19 PM
Nate I'm 6'00" 300 . I am going to get the UPS guy to pose with my equip. when I get Cam. Suggest you do the same. Drive the old guys wild and there wives. (ups must discriminate):D

Ssouth
10-26-2001, 11:31 PM
Plowkid, at least you will post a pic of equipment, not to mention having yourself in the pic.. Most on here are not even willing to do that. Congrats, looks like you have a setup that works well for you.

Anyone else, before you criticize (joking or not) you should have to post a pic of yourself!!!!!!!!!!!

After saying this, I realize that I don't have a pic of my set up on here except for an old one. I will try to post a new pic soon with me in it.

hubb
10-27-2001, 02:44 AM
I have a 12' tilt trailer that I welded a gate on. I use the gate for my walk-behind, but I let it tilt for gettin' my Z off of there. Works great. Its pretty loud though when it finally tilts. Scares the little old ladies at the senior center that I do. Buts thats entertainment!

Shack
10-27-2001, 04:53 PM
Some of you guys need to grow up. I hope that you dont treat your customers that way. Good set up man, if it works for you, let it work.

lawnboy82
10-28-2001, 09:20 PM
Nate: I must commend you on something. Most morbidly obese people that I know, who do landscaping don't really do any work at all. They just sit there and boss people around. So I wish to thank you for showing me that my broad assumption that all obese people are lazy is wrong.

GrassChopper
10-28-2001, 10:45 PM
Lawnboy82, I wouldn't consider him "morbidly obese", or even obese for that matter. Obese is "exceedingly fat", not just overweight.

P.S. Here is a picture of my rig.

Let's see how many negative comments I get. By the way, since my name isn't on the trailer or truck, does that make me a scrub?

http://home.cfl.rr.com/mrixey/house1.jpg

Eric ELM
10-28-2001, 10:51 PM
I am closing this thread at the request of the Author.