PDA

View Full Version : replacement hoses

czernick
01-18-2008, 10:17 AM
I'm in the need of some replacement hoses for my mower. Where do you guys find the best options to fix your equipment?

Landrus2
01-18-2008, 10:39 AM
What mower do you have?:drinkup:

czernick
01-18-2008, 11:43 AM
Deere 7 Iron II

MowerMedic77
01-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Deere 7 Iron II

Don't know your area but I would look up a local hydraulic hose maker, usually they can make your exact hose or better for the same or less then to purchase and wait for shipping from Deere(hoses not usually stocked).
Good Luck:drinkup:

DiyDave
01-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Try Colliflower. Lots of locations, the one in our area is excellent at making hoses same day, most of the time. A little more pricey than I like, but excellent service. If you know the lengths, and they are a standard length like an even 2,3,4' length, for example, you could try TSC farm and country, if they don't have it you will find out what TSC stands for. Also, If you know the length and size, and want to get it sight unseen, try Surpluscenter.com, or Agrisupply.com. Good luck.:waving::waving:

Roger
01-21-2008, 08:00 PM
I have a Z-trak (717A). Your need of new hydro hoses leads me to ask the question: Why? What failed (is failing?) on the existing ones. If your deck is a 7 Iron II deck, then your Z-trak is only a couple of years old.

Or, have I made a wrong assumption about your equipment? Is it a w/b, not a ZTR? Even so, my question remains. What happened that you need to have a replacement?

Restrorob
01-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Some of the larger NAPA auto parts stores make hydro hoses as well....

Roger
01-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but how do the hoses fasten to the pumps and motors? I have a w/b and ZTR, but have never had to touch the hoses (thank you!!!). But, it looks like the hoses have fixed fittings, that is no swivel. Does this mean that one unit (pump or motor) must be removed so that the hose can be screwed into the pump/motor? I would think that one could not get enough turns from a hose already run between these two units, without taking one of them out.

I have thought about this matter on many occasions, "... how would I get a new hose fitted between these two units?" Taking out an old one is not the issue (knife, saw?). Do these hoses have a metal mesh inside? Getting a new one installed looks like it could be a challenge. I would assume a new fitting would need at least two (three?) turns when screwed firmly into the pump/motor.

If the fittings turn relative to the hoses, then no problem. But, it looks like that is not the way they are made.

This is not an issue for me NOW, but I want to be prepared with a strategy IF confronted with the repair.

DiyDave
01-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Most motor hose fittings will have a swivel fitting on both ends, even if they don't look like it. If I am replacing the hose, you can be damned well sure, it will. On the last job I had to replace a hose on a motor, I had to take a chopsaw and cut a perfectly good spare 1" combination wrench in half to get the clearance to turn the wrench. Its a good idea to buy a few spares, in the right sizes for your applications.:hammerhead:

ed2hess
01-21-2008, 09:22 PM
Most motor hose fittings will have a swivel fitting on both ends, even if they don't look like it. If I am replacing the hose, you can be damned well sure, it will. On the last job I had to replace a hose on a motor, I had to take a chopsaw and cut a perfectly good spare 1" combination wrench in half to get the clearance to turn the wrench. Its a good idea to buy a few spares, in the right sizes for your applications.:hammerhead:

Our Scag WB only has swivel on one end, so to replace drive motor I had to take hose loose at pump but no big deal.