PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Dept. Of Ag Inspection

VARMIT COMMISSION
01-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Yesterday I got my first and hopefully last visit by the dept. of ag. field inspector. He wanted to see everything, and I mean everything. Paper work, receipt books , msds, labels, mixing ratios, how much, dilution rates, every epa # on every jug, asked lots of questions, re-entry requirements, where is you fertilizer, where do you purchase your chemicals, my truck decals, are they 2" tall on the lettering, where is your sign on you locked cabinet for the chemicals, do you transport chemicals and how do you do it. He left no rock unturned. Also said this spring all the field agents and office personal are gunna converge on the okc and metro areas for one week and do nothing but drive around and inspect anyone with a tank. I hope all you guys in OKLAHOMA are up to par on everything. Fortunatly for me, I had nothing wrong, and it ended good.

summitlawncare
01-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the heads up.... Ill keep my **** in order!!!!

yardprospraying
01-28-2008, 04:46 PM
We had our inspection today, and to my suprise he was quite impressed. The last time he came we had record keeping problems, but this time he was questioning me about our program we use and had never seen anything like it. He did say they will be making a run around march in checking applicators and looking for illegals. He said it is mainly geared toward the bigger cities and towns. The inspector was super nice, and I have a feeling if you were breaking any rules, they would just warn you and make sure you understood what your are supposed to be doing.

After reading through many threads on various inspections, I truely believe that Oklahoma has one of the most laid back and easiest rules out there. We do have to be licensed, insured, and keep good records, but from my understanding the only way you would get fined is if you were doing something really wrong. He told me they typically give several warnings before licenses are revoked and fines issued.

John.