PDA

View Full Version : Is this for real? Its gotta be a joke!

mattfromNY
01-18-2008, 08:49 PM
I saw this on E-bay. I cant imagine the stuff someone was smoking to come up with this:laugh::laugh: (hopefully I copied the link correctly)

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-STICKLER-VEHICLE-POWERED-LOG-SPLITTER_W0QQitemZ140197962493QQihZ004QQcategoryZ29520QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

David Gretzmier
01-19-2008, 12:24 AM
Either it works or it is fraud on a pretty massive scale. It looks like they sell about 4-6 per month, and no negative feedback. read the posts on ebay, and people seem to be gushing, and even surprised it works. I am trying to figure it out in my head. jack up both sides of drive wheels. remove wheel. mount big screw. wheel chock front wheels. start vehicle and put in drive. push firewood against big screw. big screw threads in and splits wood. if wood does not split, remove hands from spinning firewood chunk of death...I really need to see a video of this thing working.

JB1
01-19-2008, 12:29 AM
I saw that years ago, but didn't know they still made them. On another note I was at tractor supply store and saw a wood splitter that had a regular hydraulic jack that you pump by hand, thats got to be a real production machine if you don't wear out first from all the pumping.

integrityman
01-19-2008, 01:15 AM
Ive seen these on the internet too....and umm, ah, gotta think this is really dangerous......imagine getting a piece of loose clothing caught on this, the wood spinning and banging against your vehicle, loosing your balance and falling against the corkscrew....the whole set up just seems diabolical. Im getting a vision of trying to split a forked log......or picture trying to break apart some nasty, stringy piece of elm......I'm very skeptical.

capelawncare.com
01-19-2008, 07:25 AM
there is a saying in the car business. there is an ass for seat, and a seat for every ass.

topsites
01-19-2008, 11:29 AM
You have to watch it with Ebay, there's always been quite a bit of snake oil for sale.
I suppose it's done for 'educational' purposes, not sure.

DBL
01-19-2008, 11:55 AM
pretty wild set up for splitting wood....theres better ways

Grass Happens
01-21-2008, 10:07 AM
if wood does not split, remove hands from spinning firewood chunk of death...working.

Ha, that's funny. Personally that's alot of work to go through to split some wood. I'd rather just pull a cord and hit a lever.

mattfromNY
01-22-2008, 07:40 AM
Either it works or it is fraud on a pretty massive scale. It looks like they sell about 4-6 per month, and no negative feedback. read the posts on ebay, and people seem to be gushing, and even surprised it works. I am trying to figure it out in my head. jack up both sides of drive wheels. remove wheel. mount big screw. wheel chock front wheels. start vehicle and put in drive. push firewood against big screw. big screw threads in and splits wood. if wood does not split, remove hands from spinning firewood chunk of death...I really need to see a video of this thing working.

LMAO :laugh:
When I saw this thing, I thought the same thing. I just split a bunch of hard maple that was 40-50 inches in diameter (using a verticle splitter). I am imagining bolting up one of these screws onto the 2500HD, then maybe 'power sliding' into one of those chunks, and see what happens. I can only imagine the devastation. :laugh::laugh:

big acres
01-22-2008, 10:49 PM
I did a search on google and their sight has a video -apparently it works well. The safety shut off is going to be a little tough to reach though, and remember to take your truck out of 4wd! Hope they have good product liability insurance.

nickscuttingedgelawn
01-23-2008, 07:57 PM
Ha, that's funny. Personally that's alot of work to go through to split some wood. I'd rather just pull a cord and hit a lever.

me too:usflag:

Pro-Scapes
01-24-2008, 12:56 PM
something about a spinning screw with several hundreds of ft pounds of torque boring into hard wood is NOT a good idea while your sitting over it.

Im sure it does work for the most part but that is NOT safe. It would probably actually be safer to weld that to your bumper and then ram the wood lol.

I see how the plan is to use the vehicals torque CCW in the pics to hold the wood into the ground to keep it from spinning. This is still a dumb thing lol

big acres
01-24-2008, 01:00 PM
I think I hear "dueling banjos" from the movie "deliverance" playing in the background of their promo video.

Stillwater
01-25-2008, 10:07 AM
These screws for splitting have been around for a very long time, yes they work and work fast but can be dangerous.

mattfromNY
01-25-2008, 01:44 PM
What if you have a limited slip differential? Would you lose power at the wood splitting side?? I can just see the other wheel spinning, have to put some kind of resistance on it to keep the splitter going?!?
And if your only mode of transport to the hospital is up on jacks, and such spinning chunk of wood injurs you??....

TGK
01-28-2008, 08:00 AM
In my humble opinion, purchasing this thing makes you automatically eligable for americas most shocking home videos. You know the one where the guy is pinned under his vehicle, and his kids and relatives are trying desperatly to remove him. However he is miles from the nearest hospital off on his back 40.
One more thing, in that squatting posistion I hope its not your yam bag that gets crushed!

MowHouston
01-28-2008, 09:09 AM
I saw this thing on Youtube a few months ago.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=va4H4DKbEHE

Stillwater
01-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Yam Bag.......... that funny stuff

GreenAcresLC
01-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Just better remember which way the wheel is rotating. If you placed the wood on the wrong side, I say it would send the wood through the redneck's head, then back to the ground, hopefully with redneck not still attached!

atv220chris
02-07-2008, 03:03 PM
the only thing i can see a use for this is a dimo durby

Midstate Lawncare
02-08-2008, 03:16 PM
I thought they put these on chariots in the time of the romans? I haven't laughed this hard in a long time!!!! sometimes you have to say wtf I guess. These things are so rediculous I want one lolololololol:drinkup::drinkup::laugh::laugh:

BLAZERBRUCE
02-08-2008, 09:42 PM
I love how they dont mention that if you jack your truck up and goto start it, your probaly going to tear up your transmission.... Without the weight of the truck, and depending on the transmission, you can blow out your parking pin. (definitly dont do that with a TH350)

MnDLawn
02-16-2008, 09:40 AM
My uncle has one, and believe it or not that is how he splits 5 cords every year. He has always been into odd inventions. It is the funniest thing to watch, he hooks it up to his van and goes at it. The stupid thing is that he has the money to just go and buy a nice splitter.

daveyo
02-17-2008, 10:18 PM
I'd hate to see that catch some loose clothing, OMG is that MY arm in the sand?

lifetree
02-17-2008, 10:53 PM
there is a saying in the car business ... there is an ass for every seat, and a seat for every ass.

I like this, it's actually quite true and appropriate for more than just the auto industry !!

2muchmulch4u
03-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Yea I'm Good .... I really have grown to like my arms and legs. The guy in the you tube video looks like a commercial for carbon monoxide posioning!!!