PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a source for lenses and filters.

Lite4
01-19-2008, 12:28 AM
Any of you guys have a good source for reasonably priced lenses and hex louvers, as well as miscellaneous accessories?

Mike M
01-19-2008, 07:03 AM
Manu or distributor? The topic gets brought up every now and then.

Lite4
01-19-2008, 08:12 AM
I know I can get through Lighting manus but they are Hela expensive through them. Just wondering if there is an after market source that has these items at a more reasonable price.

Pro-Scapes
01-19-2008, 08:21 AM
lee filters.... abrasia... all require minimum orders tho and lee filters might be more than your paying now.

FOLD has a good deal on some colored lenses. They are not dichronic but priced fair. Louvers I been getting thru fold and they are cast branded and yes... expensive. Abrisia has em but again minimum order.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-19-2008, 12:11 PM
For optical lenses I have found that CAST are the most reasonable in the market. I get all of my Frost, Optical Spread, Linear Spread from them. For honeycomb glare louvers I buy from Nightscaping, also the most reasonably priced around. They offer the LR-0202 and LS-0202 (round and square) and are also able to custom cut any shape you want out of sheet stock and deviver it very quickly. (Try pricing a louver for the Hadco WAML14A sometime!)

As for color filters, I only rarely use blue dichroic and not sure where my Dist. gets them.

Regards.

JoeyD
01-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Linear, Dimpled, Frosted, and Hex louvers are all included with our brass fixtures. You can save them and use them on your other fixtures that dont have them included like ours. Oh and they come with a nice little MR11, 16, Par36 Lens Clip as well to hold the lenses to the face of the lamp. Our downlights also all come with a blue lens for moonlighting. Again these lenses are all in the box when you buy a Unique Odyssey Brass Fixture.