PDA

View Full Version : What? Have Fun? Get Paid?

TPnTX
01-19-2008, 10:37 AM
I just did my 1st LV Lighting Job. With a great deal of help from Rich Swor at LongHorn Irrigation and the great timing of a Vista LV seminar hosted by LongHorn.

Anyway enough with the plugs. I installed the main wire runs and the TF the other day. Yesterday after noon we put in the 11 bullet fixtures, wired in the hub formation, and connected the runs to the 900watt TF. Checking the voltage and amps of course using my fancy new multimeter. We soldered the connections and I'm real glad we did.

After that we went and ate waiting for it to get dark.

With the home owner watching we adjusted the fixture positions and lite up the fabulous landscape we just recently installed.

I gotta tell ya, I actually had fun even in the cold night air. Who can remember having fun working?

The customer is overwhelmingly and happy and luckily there is a lot of capacity left on the TF because they already want more lights.

Hats off to you guys that do this full time. I do envy you and from this point forward I am hooked on this stuff.

I'm sure an expert could pick though my work and point out all kinds of things to do better. I'll try and get some picks. I got a new camera for xmas and I've not tried night shots yet.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-19-2008, 12:05 PM
Welcome to the "Club".

Infectious isn't it?

Emerald Zoysia
01-19-2008, 12:35 PM
oh, now i have to try to install some lights. i want to have fun too!:dancing:

NightScenes
01-19-2008, 04:16 PM
You struck gold with Rich and Longhorn and I'm sure you'll enjoy this addition to your business.