PDA

View Full Version : designer run-a-bout

BrandonV
01-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Looking for a vehicle for the boss lady and other gent on design front to ride around in. either looking at the jeep patriot which is priced good and has good fuel milage, but funky cvt tranny or trying to find a ford escape w/ the 4cy engine. anyone have one of the two and care to comment?

atv220chris
02-05-2008, 11:15 PM
i have a escape but it is a 6 the 4 cy seams like it is not safe it has no get up and go

GravelyGuy
02-05-2008, 11:24 PM
A good friend of mine has a Jeep Patriot and well what can I say, it's just pathetic. I realize it's a four cylinder, but this thing is just crazy weak and the tranny is not smooth at all in it.

We took it on fishing trips all last summer because of the MPG so I had my fair share of riding in it. It does get good gas mileage.

barefeetny
02-05-2008, 11:54 PM
have you considered the Toyota rav-4?

BrandonV
02-06-2008, 06:40 AM
bought the patriot, and couldn't be happier w/ it. I think it's plenty quick, it's not as fast as my audi but who cares. the trick w/ cvt trannys is to not floor it, I learned this in my wife's mini cooper, but you can get it to move, just takes getting used to. we bought the 4x4 version w/ auto, and that's about it. pick it up w/ tax title and .... for just over 19k. for the money I'm very happy w/ it, and also it's very comfortable.

MarcSmith
02-06-2008, 07:00 AM
I have an 03 Chevy Tracker with the small(2.3 v6) and can get 22-25 to and form work, auto 4wd, this is essentially the suzuki XL7 now. great mini suv

I had a freind with the hybrid escape and they loved it...