PDA

View Full Version : "Turf South" Magazine...'In your own words'

AltaLawnCare
10-26-2001, 06:22 PM
Just wondering if anyone else noticed the article and think, like I do that they could have selected a much better and more informative thread than that.

Wonder who selects the featured threads? :o

Runner
10-26-2001, 06:42 PM
I agree completely.

AltaLawnCare
10-27-2001, 06:11 AM
Thanks, Runner.

I hate to think what legit lcos - who don't get online, or own a computer think of LS by reading a post like that.

They probably don't run out to buy a computer.

1grnlwn
10-27-2001, 08:24 AM
Could be worse, they could pick up all the bickering on leaf grinding by stone 2001. It was kind of weak.

eggy
10-27-2001, 12:35 PM
The magizine is free to use which I do appreciate, but what is up with the cover photo? Are those supposed to be strips or just showing that snappers leave impressive wheel marks? Dont get me wrong I enjoy the magizine and I enjoy them helping lawnsite, but thats kinda a altered..photo

AltaLawnCare
10-27-2001, 01:27 PM
I noticed that too, I think its the same mower, shot twice. There are no stripes, just tire marks.

Narrow and wide, narrow and wide.

Maybe next month they will use Stones' "StoneList" thread...:o

Guido
10-27-2001, 06:08 PM
the one that had the sag of Casey and the staircase with the runaway mower. Is that what we're talking about or have they found an even better lawn care folly to post?

AltaLawnCare
10-28-2001, 07:32 AM
The caption was "LCOs and Doctors". They used the one by LB82 about comparing Doctors and LCOs. After someone goes to school for half their life, cut up dead bodies, and have to deal with death and lawsuits everyday, they should be well compensated.

Wonder how a doctor feels when he reads about a football player making over a million a year, compared to his 350,000 per year?

And yes that post about the stuck WB was another one in bad taste.

:alien:

eggy
10-28-2001, 09:15 AM
Yes I agree on that, but once again it is a free mag, but lawn and landscape has the trade magizine hands down.

Grassman
10-28-2001, 05:34 PM
I think the reason they pick these lame threads is that there's no manufacturers (their sponsors), bashed in them. You can't really blame them, it's business. Russ

Eric ELM
10-28-2001, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by eggy
The magizine is free to use which I do appreciate, but what is up with the cover photo? Are those supposed to be strips or just showing that snappers leave impressive wheel marks? Dont get me wrong I enjoy the magizine and I enjoy them helping lawnsite, but thats kinda a altered..photo

I agree on the wheel marks. If you notice the picture on the right the mower would have to be going backwards to leave a stripe that color. Also where did those narrow wheel marks come from?

If they want stripes instead of wheel marks, they need to get some professionals to do them for them. ;)

Guido
10-29-2001, 04:30 AM
I got an e-mail yesterday about this theread that suggested just that! They said to use your stripes on the cover and put in the post I started in elements of business about figuring your equipment costs! ;)

Someone was thinking ahead of you!

eggy
10-29-2001, 08:32 AM
I hope they do use a "real photo" on the cover, that one does not represent us very well. Eric has plenty to choose from.

Guido
10-29-2001, 09:33 AM
Mr. Cassidy, the editor at Turf Mag with the link to this thread.

I thought it was important he see the feedback of the readers of the mag if he hasn't already. You can't fix something you don't know is broken, right?;)

Let's see what happens!

AltaLawnCare
10-29-2001, 10:17 AM
Thanks Mr. Guido. :cool: