PDA

View Full Version : would a 3/4 hose bring more flow

bigw
01-21-2008, 12:54 AM
would a 3/4 hose bring more flow to the pressure washer from a house then a 5/8 hose would or does it depend on the amount of flow coming out of the actual spicket?Which size garden hose would be sufficient or should i say recommended for a 4gpm 4000 psi pressure washer.

UtahGrassBust
01-21-2008, 12:55 AM
just from what i've seen it depends on the pressure out of the house.

where are you finding most of your work, no body pressure washes out here

bigw
01-21-2008, 01:30 AM
just from what i've seen it depends on the pressure out of the house.

where are you finding most of your work, no body pressure washes out here

Have not started pressure washing yet,but will this year.

topsites
01-21-2008, 01:36 AM
That's a tough question to answer, all depends on the gpm flow of the spiggot.
One thing that might help is to find out what copper or pvc pipe is more often used, that would be the lines that bring water TO the spiggot in the first place, if all those are 5/8's...

I do think thou, a 3/4 hose would open up one part of the equation, it MIGHT increase flow.
I say might because now there's more water in the hose, hence the pressure has to overcome more inertia.
It might do nothing...

But don't pressure washers use less gpm than standard flow rates anyhow?
I don't think it matters, honestly, I would be more for getting a quality grade than worrying about the 5/8 vs. 3/4th's, personally.

LawnScapers of Dayton
01-21-2008, 07:03 AM
if the supply is large enough.....(ie: copper in the house) the 3/4 hose will drop the pressure at the end of the hose, and deliver more volume........but my guess is the supply from the house will not be enough to make a positive difference. In fact it may be worse if the supply from the house can't keep the the 3/4 full as the PW draws on it.......

Happy Frog
01-21-2008, 12:35 PM
I use a 5/8" hose and it works good with my 4.0 gal/min unit.
Some houses just can't delivers the 4.0 gal/min and your hose won't make a difference. You'll need a float valve tank for these houses (35 gal works fine)

FCPWLLC
01-22-2008, 06:48 PM
Go with the 3/4. It allows for more flow.

bigw
01-22-2008, 07:01 PM
Go with the 3/4. It allows for more flow.

Thanks thats what i'll do!