PDA

View Full Version : Fraden power equipment ?

Bunton Guy
10-26-2001, 08:19 PM
Anyone heard of them. I had seen a add for them in a mag and they had good deals on blowers , trimmers, edgers and many other power accesories. Anyone have there website or other info on them. ?

mdb landscaping
10-26-2001, 08:48 PM
i worked with a guy who had fradans about 3 yrs ago. they are a well built blower, but they are pretty heavy. the only other flaw i could find with it was the muffler was mounted real low and we actually started a few fires by accident from pushing it through the leaves.

Bunton Guy
10-26-2001, 09:40 PM
Is there a website for this company. I know there backpack blowers and trimmers look like Echo...

mdb landscaping
10-26-2001, 09:48 PM
i dont think they have a website, but i found a pic on landscapersupplys site.
http://abc.eznettools.net/cgi-bin/ez-catalog/cat_display.cgi?15X334911

MOW ED
10-26-2001, 10:13 PM
heres a link for a guy in WI that sells them

http://www.jsesc.com/

edward hedrick
10-27-2001, 12:22 AM
I own an 8hp Fradan aa few here use the 14hp. Idon't like push blowers but that my choice. My friend has a 8hp Little wonder
rolls easier but is heavier. The fradan & Giant Vac are the best
choices.

lawnboy82
10-27-2001, 01:14 AM
I have a Fradan blower with a 9hp Briggs / Vanguard engine. They are very good blowers. You may want to go with the honda engine though for the like 50 dollars more. I think the blower is pretty light.

fireball
10-27-2001, 02:01 AM
Made on Long Island by some super nice guys who thought they could improve lawn equipment. What they did was take the giant vac blowers and attempted to fix everything that goes wrong with them such as the intake clogging, handle not ergonomic correct, caster wheel, axel bending and 11hp B&S cutting out on hills. Their machine was superior to Giant Vac who refused to change anything for the last 30 years. Only problem was that Little Wonder came up with a new fan design that blew everyone else away. Giant Vac is now owned by simplicity, so things might change quickly. Fradan is attempting to build quality equipment but their machines tend to be a little heavier than the competition so you end up being worn out before the machine.

The killer is that Lesco bought Atwater-Strong who came up with the cup impellar in the first place. Little Wonder just refined the concept. Lesco instead of putting the hydralics on the old 14hp two fan model went with the single blade 16 hp which the Little Wonder 11hp outblows. Their new blowers reflect the MTD thinking that the guy who designs it doesn't use it.

SCAPEASAURUSREX
10-27-2001, 12:38 PM
Fireball, actually they are made in Westchester , NY ..or at least they used to..

Their push blowers are excellent, very well balanced and easy to manuver.

The only thing I dont' like is that they dont' have the adjustable shoot like the little wonders.. to redirect air flow out the front instead of the side.But the I thinks it s a 13 or 14 HP vangaurd is incredible, and it's a bit quieter than the little wonders..

Their customer service and support are superior to anyone elses.

Their back packs are a little heavier, but for growing season blowing of walks and drives they are great.

WREBELMACHINE
10-27-2001, 01:21 PM
we have been useing the model bb-50 backpack blower for 3 years and have had good luck. If you are looking to buy call (417) 831-2779 they are selling the bb-51 blowers for $219.95 each!

Bunton Guy
10-27-2001, 05:27 PM
How many Cc's is that bp blower ? thats a good price. Thats why I like fraden they had good prices in there magazines.

jdseven
10-28-2001, 02:53 PM
The mod bb51 has a 41cc engine air volume 590 CFM. air speed 236 MPH. I just got one last week cost $250